No announcement yet.

Sig brace definitive ban (to shoulder) 1/16/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just fundamentally do not understand how people think they can circumvent the NFA short barreled rifle law? That is exactly what this does, I didn't think people were of the illusion than it did anything but that? All kinds of theory and speculation, but <16" barrel with stock = illegal.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The argument is it is not a stock. If my understanding is correct, I can put a glock up to my shoulder and it's and SBR.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
        The argument is it is not a stock. If my understanding is correct, I can put a glock up to my shoulder and it's and SBR.
        Let's not fool ourselves, the damn thing is a stock, let's all just admit what we know is obvious. The fact it's not adjustable and it has straps and a hole in the center doesn't change that. Sig was able to pull a fast one on the ATF, but they eventually had to tuck tail and admit they were wrong. It was inevitable.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Let's not fool ourselves, the damn thing is a stock, let's all just admit what we know is obvious. The fact it's not adjustable and it has straps and a hole in the center doesn't change that. Sig was able to pull a fast one on the ATF, but they eventually had to tuck tail and admit they were wrong. It was inevitable.
          The problem now with their new ruling is that if you shoulder a pistol buffer tube you have redesigned it into an sbr. Firing a handgun with two hands now would redesign it into an AOW, both of which could mean 10 years in a federal pound me in the ass prison. I will be the first to admit that the first time I saw a sig pistol with one for sale at academy I thought academy had become a class 3 dealer; I had to dig through Sig's site to figure out what was really going on. The atf's hypocrisy at saying it is ok to shoulder from time to time and then it wasn't is annoying and was enough to draw attention to their stupidity. Saying we redesign guns by holding them a certain way is asinine and a dangerous precedent, and yes I think Sig should take the atf to court on both those counts. And all those people who bought a sig brace to skirt the NFA? Good for them, because fuck that unconstitutional piece of dogshit, especially the rediculous barrel length portion, and while we are at it them pissing and moaning because I want to shoot quieter but mandating a muffler on my car. This is now not about what is a brace or a stock, this is now about getting a judge to tell those idiots to shut the fuck up and leave us alone. It may even a window to getting rid of the sbr laws since these rulings and opinions are so hypocritical.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            The problem now with their new ruling is that if you shoulder a pistol buffer tube you have redesigned it into an sbr. Firing a handgun with two hands now would redesign it into an AOW, both of which could mean 10 years in a federal pound me in the ass prison. I will be the first to admit that the first time I saw a sig pistol with one for sale at academy I thought academy had become a class 3 dealer; I had to dig through Sig's site to figure out what was really going on. The atf's hypocrisy at saying it is ok to shoulder from time to time and then it wasn't is annoying and was enough to draw attention to their stupidity. Saying we redesign guns by holding them a certain way is asinine and a dangerous precedent, and yes I think Sig should take the atf to court on both those counts. And all those people who bought a sig brace to skirt the NFA? Good for them, because fuck that unconstitutional piece of dogshit, especially the rediculous barrel length portion, and while we are at it them pissing and moaning because I want to shoot quieter but mandating a muffler on my car. This is now not about what is a brace or a stock, this is now about getting a judge to tell those idiots to shut the fuck up and leave us alone. It may even a window to getting rid of the sbr laws since these rulings and opinions are so hypocritical.
            It's never going to happen, if ANYTHING there will be more regulation when the dust settles.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              It's never going to happen, if ANYTHING there will be more regulation when the dust settles.
              That is what a lot of people said about repealing prohibition, or legalizing pot, or getting concealed and open carry accepted in so many states, or a black man becoming president, or him being elected twice after the first failed term, or the assault weapons ban expiring. It has happened before. Laws can get better or be eradicated. This has potential. Sig especially has a good case to make the ATF eat their hypocritical words. I remind you cases have been won against the ATF on more than one occasion.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

The ATF has lost the majority of challenges. But, this wont be one of them.

Comment

Working...
                X