No announcement yet.

Suggestions on a gun safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me in a safe I'm less concerned with someone busting into it and more with fire protection.

Comment

Gun Safe

Originally posted by dee View Post
      i agree. Unless a person comes knowingly prepared they won't be getting in. With the right tools 10-20min is all it takes to even get into the more expensive safes.
      not

Comment

Originally posted by loc712 View Post
        not
        I don't know man, at that Garland safe store - I saw some pretty serous safes just melted through. Account to them they were in/out pretty quick.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have the Winchester 36 gun safe. I bought it at the end of the year a few years ago and got it for about 700 off to make room for the new versions. Still paid a lot but it was worth it.
          The fire rating is 2 hrs at 1400 degrees which is more than double most safes. IT also weights 800 lbs empty. The only downside is the lock is battery/push combination only, no key.
          So far, no issues.

I also like that all the bolts are live. Some of the safes I looked at could have the hinges cut off and the door lifted away.

Comment

Originally posted by loc712 View Post
            not
            51 gun ft knox in about 20 minutes.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Thanks everybody for the advise and suggestions. This being my first gun safe, I'm going to go a little on the cheap size and small as I don't have a big collection at this time. As mentioned by someone else, I'm not worried as much about theft as I am about fire. I'm less than a mile from my nearest fire station so I'm hoping a 30 minute fire protection will be sufficient for now. As I grow out of this one I'll get a bigger and better one but for now cheap is on the agenda. Still looking.

Comment

Ft Knox is still not an actual safe. It is an RSC, just like anything you buy at Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                  Ft Knox is still not an actual safe. It is an RSC, just like anything you buy at Costco.
                  While true to an extent it is what the thread is about.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

So I had no idea what RSC meant and did some reading up on it. Pretty interesting. For now it will have to do but does anyone have any suggestions on a non-RSC Safe for 15-20 long guns? I think realistically that would be my limit for a while but I wanted to get an idea of what they ran right now as a cost comparison.

Comment

I ordered a rsc but it is upgraded. It's the American Security BF7240HD. Has an upgraded 4ga inner steel liner
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I agree if its RSC rated but more expensive models are usually rated higher and take more time.

Comment

Working...
                        X