X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a pretty good choice, then.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Thank you for the input guys, I ended up grabbing the Strikefire from Tigeroutfitters for $95. I read a few reviews talking about turning it on by mistake as SBFORDTECH mentioned. I don't expect this to be in a bag or case too often so hopefully I don't have too many issues with it. My second choice would have been Yale's recommendation of the PA Acog knock off. I look forward to trying it out and wanted to thank everyone again for their input.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
        Mustang Revival, Small MOA dot is considered 5 and under, 4 and under, etc?
        That strikefire looks like 4 MOA.

With 4 MOA, the red dot will be 4" in diameter on your target at 100 yards. Fine for close quarters stuff, I prefer at least 2 MOA, but have a need to shoot non-magnified up to 400 yards. It is a bitch to hit what your aiming at from 400 yards when the red dot is now encompasses 16" of space on the target.

4 MOA is nice under 100 yards for target acquisition compared to 2 MOA from my experience, but everyone is different.
        WRX

Comment

That all makes good sense, I appreciate the explanation. It will make more sense when people talk about shooting sub MOA groups, or x MOA groups @ x yardage. I can't imagine shooting 400 yards with a non magnified optic, I see the need for a nice crisp/small dot for that.

Comment

I have red dots on some ARs and scopes on others. I much prefer a 1x4 illuminated scope to a red dot. It's like the difference between night and day to me.

Comment

I would have opted for magnified optics if this weren't a pistol and such short range shooter.

Comment

Does anyone know anything about the Vortex SPARC II ? All the reviews are really good.

Comment

Working...
                X