Kansas trying to pass no chl needed to carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas trying to pass no chl needed to carry

I like and dislike this at the same time. No background checks, no class, nothing.

My iowa concealed weapons permit was close to this prior to 2011. 3-4 hours in a class, no shooting or range anything. Just a test and 15.00 and you could carry. It was also more than a chl, it was a weapons permit. If you could conceal it and it was not nfa it was legal.

They have now adopted shall issue and do what most states require.

Im suprised texas hasnt tried this

I might be in the minority here but id rather things go in the opposite direction. More instruction. I think everyone that wants a chl should have to take a pistol 1 course at a minimum if not multiple.
    2012 GT500

Comment

I feel there should be some instruction. We have all seen people who have no fucking clue how guns work at chl classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
        I might be in the minority here but id rather things go in the opposite direction. More instruction. I think everyone that wants a chl should have to take a pistol 1 course at a minimum if not multiple.
        Why? You don't need a test or class to practice a religion or speak freely.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          Why? You don't need a test or class to practice a religion or speak freely.
          because if you take on the responsibility of carrying a weapon, for whatever reason that may be, you owe it to everyone learn to be proficient and knowledgeable about the weapon, situations, and everything that comes with leaving the house with it in the holster. I don't want idiots carrying guns. Armed mind and empty holster type philosophy. It scares me to think that the people I took my chl class with are carrying guns.

Plus, if you are a shooter you should enjoy classes and learning/improving your craft. You shouldn't mind having to take a hands on course- rather enjoy it. If you are committed to wanting to carry a gun then a class and a course won't bother you. Not to mention more business for trainers and hopefully people wont be so scared to come back after for pistol 2.
          2012 GT500

Comment

I should enjoy taking classes about shooting because I like shooting? Lol.

That shit is less enjoyable than driver's ed.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              I should enjoy taking classes about shooting because I like shooting? Lol.

That shit is less enjoyable than driver's ed.
              To each his own I guess. I don't think it is far fetched to think that somebody who likes to shoot would like to get out and do lots of shooting and get better at it. I'll say even say that I enjoyed the Chl class - it is a subject I'm interested in.
              2012 GT500

Comment

There's a difference between it being a requirement, and it being done at your leisure.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  There's a difference between it being a requirement, and it being done at your leisure.
                  No doubt, but a little inconvenience to some translates to more educated and proficient CHL holders. Could save a life or two - gun safety wise at the very least.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

Without licensing, I can see a lot of people who shouldn't be carrying getting into trouble and making the rest of the law abiding citizens in that state look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Without licensing, I can see a lot of people who shouldn't be carrying getting into trouble and making the rest of the law abiding citizens in that state look bad.
                      Show me where that has happened in Alaska or Arizona (maybe Oklahoma but I can't recall if they are just open with license or completely constitutional carry now).
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I'm a fan of the licensed carry model. The way PA does it is the shit, except for the, "cities of the first class," clause. There's nothing first class about Philly, Pittsburgh, or Harrisburg.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Kansas was pretty closed minded about its gun laws until recently.

I'm not sure if it will pass due to the crime rate in Kansas city

Comment

The metro area's always have the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                              Show me where that has happened in Alaska or Arizona (maybe Oklahoma but I can't recall if they are just open with license or completely constitutional carry now).
                              Add Nevada, too.

Gotta remember, the bulk of the CHL class is about Texas law, not about shooting.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X