No announcement yet.

Kansas trying to pass no chl needed to carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct. I agree that classroom instruction should be encouraged.

However, I also feel that it is our right to carry and if I can't or won't take a class - that is my choice.

More problems start over words and religion, guns just end them. Plenty of training on those two and we still have problems.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      Correct. I agree that classroom instruction should be encouraged.

However, I also feel that it is our right to carry and if I can't or won't take a class - that is my choice.

More problems start over words and religion, guns just end them. Plenty of training on those two and we still have problems.
      Situations don't happen in a classroom. Gun safety isn't taught in a classroom. It is your right to drive a car but do we let teenage chicks just get behind the wheel?
      2012 GT500

Comment

driving is not a right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          driving is not a right.
          It is an inherent liberty - splitting hairs. Both can be made dangerous by the operator and both can be taken away from you by the government. You are looking too far into the subtle difference in scenarios and not in how they are the similar.
          2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
            It is an inherent liberty - splitting hairs. Both can be made dangerous by the operator and both can be taken away from you by the government. You are looking too far into the subtle difference in scenarios and not in how they are the similar.
            These are not subtle differences. One is a right, the other is a privilege.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              These are not subtle differences. One is a right, the other is a privilege.
              Sure - but like I said, you fuck up you can lose your right to either. Still beside the point. What about mandatory hunters safety classes?

The main point is we have uneducated and unskilled people out there that have CHL's due to a weak CHL program. They don't know how to shoot and they don't know how to handle weapons. They put other peoples lives at risk. Like I said in another thread - three black 21 yo chicks reporting on the chl class for a school newspaper took and passed the CHL class and qual. Never having seen a gun in real life. How can you honestly feel warm and fuzzy about these girls carrying a gun- around you or your family? I certainly don't.
              2012 GT500

Comment

What about all the homies who carry guns illegally, a.k.a. the DGAF approach to concealed carry. I am much more concerned about these folks than I am a middle-aged housewife who bought a firearm with good intentions.
                Another problem I have with the current CHL licensing is the cost: it bars economically disadvantaged people from the ability to defend themselves. These people are most likely to have the need to defend themselves and the cost of the class, state fees, etc. hinder their right.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  What about all the HOMIES who carry guns illegally, a.k.a. the DGAF approach to concealed carry. I am much more concerned about these folks than I am a middle-aged housewife who bought a firearm with good intentions.
                  Another problem I have with the current CHL licensing is the cost: it bars economically disadvantaged people from the ability to defend themselves. These people are most likely to have the need to defend themselves and the cost of the class, state fees, etc. hinder their right.

This.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

What about all the homies who carry guns illegally, a.k.a. the DGAF approach to concealed carry. I am much more concerned about these folks than I am a middle-aged housewife who bought a firearm with good intentions.
                    Well those homies have a right to defend themselves, or have the air let out of them if they choose to use their guns to rob people.

Only thing I really have a problem with is violent convicts having guns. There are people who do minimal time in prison for one reason or another, who are guilty of the most heinous violent crimes. Some never get out, some get executed. Others are back in society. I know of a wife beater and child killer (via not giving a shit) who walks free. That guy don't need no gun. How do you keep them away from the gun with no checks on who he is? Or is it just a necessary sacrifice
                    WH

Comment

have you seen the price of guns lately?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        have you seen the price of guns lately?
                        You can still get cheap pistols for less than the cost of a license.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          You can still get cheap pistols for less than the cost of a license.
                          Hardly. $150+ $75 for class
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Lol - those are beyond cheap
                            2012 GT500

Comment

I think it would make everyone much safer if anyone who owned a gun had to go through training on each gun they own, and have to go through refresher training every year. Of course, then we would need a national database showing who all has gone through the class, and which weapons they have and are trained on. That would also make it easy to determine who shouldn't be carrying guns! We could link the national database with another for those suffering from psychiatric issues, that way the government can safely hold those guns for them until they are better!

Man, there are all kinds of great ways to ensure public safety!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X