Shopping for M&P Shield 9mm. any local dealer reccommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I'm just fucking with you. I suppose state sales taxed aren't on the top of the taxes I'd like to see go away.
    I can agree to that. My wife and I pay a ton in taxes though. I probably pay more than people like Warren Buffet because I get mine in "salary" and "bonuses." I just get sick of paying out the nose and then being confronted by do nothings on every street corner with their hand out. Well the way they voted I'm already giving and giving and giving and they are just taking. For what I pay in taxes I should have better medical care, better roads, and my troops shouldn't be unarmed sitting ducks.

I'm all for a flat tax.... can't happen soon enough and likely won't happen ever.

Comment

Well, back on subject. I picked up the Shield today. I tried going to White Wing but they were out of stock so I drove down to Eagle and picked one up. I didn't have time to shoot today so I'll stop back by tomorrow and put a box of ammo through it.

One thing I quickly noticed is how damn stiff the slide lock can be. It can be so stiff that I cannot release it with both thumbs. Interestingly, this appears to only occur when an empty magazine is loaded. If I have no magazine or a loaded mag, the slide lock is quite a bit easier to release. Not really an issue though.

Eagle didn't really have a good selection of IWB holsters. I'm still looking around. I've got an Alien Gear holster for the Beretta but I've heard their quality has gone down hill a bit. Any thoughts on that or other holster recommendations?

Comment

That's because the slide stop is pressed up by the mag follower. If the mag is full, the follower isn't in contact with it. If the mag isn't in the gun, the follower isn't in contact with the slide stop. What you're fighting against is both the pinch the recoil spring puts on it, and the push up from the mag spring. I love my Galco King Tuk for an IWB holster but it's dying a slow death from hard use, so I'm going to try one from White Hat Holsters. They do some cool ones. If I don't like it I can always get another King Tuk.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          The guys at grab a gun...
          lol @ the name
          WH

Comment

Im still a cross breed supertuck fan. If you dont mind cowhide amazon prime has them for the shield last time i looked.

Ive had both and never had a problem with either. The horsehide did squeak a little when new.

Comment

vedder holsters. Great holster and they get it to you quick.

What time will you be out at eagle? I'll be there teaching my grandma to shoot tomorrow.

2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                That's because the slide stop is pressed up by the mag follower. If the mag is full, the follower isn't in contact with it. If the mag isn't in the gun, the follower isn't in contact with the slide stop. What you're fighting against is both the pinch the recoil spring puts on it, and the push up from the mag spring. I love my Galco King Tuk for an IWB holster but it's dying a slow death from hard use, so I'm going to try one from White Hat Holsters. They do some cool ones. If I don't like it I can always get another King Tuk.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Comment

I just bought a 9mm M&P Shield last week from Bass Pro here in Rancho Cucamonga. I get to pick it up on the 11th, looking forward to putting some rounds through it.

It was $480 here

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                    I just bought a 9mm M&P Shield last week from Bass Pro here in Rancho Cucamonga. I get to pick it up on the 11th, looking forward to putting some rounds through it.

It was $480 here
                    So a 2 week(ish) wait and a 50% markup? Daaaamn!

Oh, and...
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Picked it up today, got $85 refunded. Salesman was cool as hell, told me about another stores price and matched it.

Comment

Working...
                      X