No announcement yet.

Shadowbox for my FIL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have his honorable discharge cert., he was a Technician Fifth Grade and he was in 3rd Battalion / 38th Infantry, the separation center was in Sam Houston, Texas in June of 1946.
    That last part was how he wound up in Texas, since he was born and raised in Brooklyn NY (LI NY after he married) he said he always wanted to retire in Texas after spending some time here after the war. He then retires in Arlington, my future wife followed and that's how I met her here...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Yes, shield shape, black background with the white star and Indian head is 2nd Infantry Division. Same patch I wore in Korea in `94 - `95! In fact, it's still on the field jacket I kept.
      That's bad ass Craig. And yes it's just like you described, black shield, white star with a red coloured Indian face with white and blue chief feathers. I'll post a pic in a few days.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          That's bad ass Craig. And yes it's just like you described, black shield, white star with a red coloured Indian face with white and blue chief feathers. I'll post a pic in a few days.
          It was actually on my Class A jacket, I forgot my field jacket had my 3rd Armored Cavalry patch.

Comment

Very cool shadow box. I'm sure he loved it, and that's the best kind of gift you can give. Nice work!

Comment

Very cool Henry! Nice job!

Comment

Working...
              X