No more CHL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    I'm 100% pro gun but I also have this weird feeling that open carry is just gonna be a fashion statement for idiots that don't respect guns or the people around them.
    I think you will be surprised by how few people you see open carrying. I have only seen a handful in the years since OC was passed here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      will a civilian be able to open carry in an establishment that sells booze? I cant remember 100% but I think I remember overhearing a tabc officer saying it wouldn't be allowed whether its a 51 bar or not
      Bill Analysis for HB 910 - Licensed Open Carry

Frequently Asked Questions

When will the new open carry law go into effect? -- January 1, 2016.

Will I be required to take additional training to get a new license, one that doesn’t say “concealed”? -- No additional training is required. After January 1, a renewed license will be for a License to Carry (LTC), rather than a Concealed Handgun License (CHL). There is no need to obtain a new license before your current CHL expires.

Will there be changes to reciprocity agreements with other states? -- No. Texans with valid carry licenses must follow reciprocal state’s laws, some of which allow open carry and others which do not. Licenses from states which are currently recognized by Texas will continue to be honored, as long as the license holder complies with applicable laws affecting both open and concealed carry.

Am I required to have a certain type of holster for my handgun if it’s fully or partially exposed? -- Yes, statute requires wholly or partially visible handguns to be carried in a belt or shoulder holster when carried on your person or in your vehicle. There is no specific requirement for a retention holster.

Can I be prevented access to any location while openly carrying a handgun? -- Private property owners may prohibit access by a licensee with a wholly or partially visible handgun by posting a 30.07 sign. You could also be given verbal notice to leave the property by the owner or manager. Entering a 30.07-posted property with a wholly or partially visible handgun is a Class C misdemeanor; refusing to leave when you’ve been asked to do so is a class A and could cause you to lose your license. If you are asked to leave, it is recommended that you do so immediately. Note: If a business wants to prohibit licensees from carrying both concealed and openly, they must post both 30.06 and 30.07 signs. NO exposed handguns are allowed on the grounds or any portion of a college campus, or in any of the prohibited locations listed in Penal Code Section 46.03 or 46.035.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
      X