No announcement yet.

2011 DFWmustangs.net lower group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for scheduling as payment was received. From what I can estimate, it's most likely going to take more time for everyone to pickup 200 lowers than it is for the remaining 78 to come in, and frankly, it would just be a pain in the ass to do it that way for me and everyone else.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      All the parts kits are in, the upper receiver for the next GB is there for you to take a look at, and we're short exactly 78 lowers, which I'm hoping surplusammo gets in before we run out of the 200 we currently have.

So, has anyone picked up their lowers? I know a few of you guys have - how do they look?
      Got mine. I've never had a lower before so I can't compare it to anything.

I assembled a lower tonight after picking up a punch set from
      Harbor freight today.

Everything is great and jeff was excellent to deal with.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by momostallion View Post
        Got mine. I've never had a lower before so I can't compare it to anything.

I assembled a lower tonight after picking up a punch set from
        Harbor freight today.

Everything is great and jeff was excellent to deal with.
        Pics or it didn't happen
        First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

• If no one posts pics by tonight i'll do it after i get home with mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            Okay, the parts kits just came in today, so everyone whenever you're ready, go ahead and schedule yourself to pick up your parts. There is an upper receiver there at Jeff's house you can look over and decide if you're interested in another group buy for uppers at $50 each.

We will also be doing a barrel, and BCG group buy in the next month from a different distributor. Both 5.56mm barrels and 6.8mm barrels will be available.
            Very cool man. Thanks for the update! I'll be in on the barrels for sure.

Comment

• pix!

i'll take better pics tonight.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Mine look to be good quality.
                Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

pix!

i'll take better pics tonight.
                  Those look GOOD! Any issues with assembly?
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    Those look GOOD! Any issues with assembly?
                    Nope, I just had to buy a set of punches ($5 for a set of 8 at Harbor Freight).
                    Just watched the video on youtube and that's all I needed.

Although the one thing I learned was 1 longer punch would be perfect for tapping in the bolt catch pin. I bet I can do the next one in a few minutes.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• On spread sheet it says schedule "24 hours in advance", there is an open spot tonight (Friday 4/15/2011 7:15pm) If possible I would really like to pick up then even though it's not 24 hours in advance since I am off today.

Comment

• Originally posted by livetoshoot View Post
                        If there aren't any times that fit your schedule, continue to check the spreadsheet as I will be adding days as we go until I have delivered them all.
                        Jeff,

There are multiple spots available on each time frame tonight, I know you asked for 24 hours advanced notice, and if it's alright with you I can be there at one of those slots.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Thats a ton of lowers.

Whats the scoop on the upper GB? Mfg, quality, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            Jeff,

There are multiple spots available on each time frame tonight, I know you asked for 24 hours advanced notice, and if it's alright with you I can be there at one of those slots.
                            Motoman,
                            That is fine, just put yourself on the schedule.

Comment

Nope, I just had to buy a set of punches ($5 for a set of 8 at Harbor Freight).
                              Just watched the video on youtube and that's all I needed.

Although the one thing I learned was 1 longer punch would be perfect for tapping in the bolt catch pin. I bet I can do the next one in a few minutes.
                              easiest thing to do for the bolt catch is to get it started then use vise grips with tape on the jaws to squeeze it in. Just squeze, release, tighten the grips and squeze again, then repeat until flush. Use a punch to tap the last little bit.

This method works great for the trigger guard also. Helps prevent breaking the ear off.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                                easiest thing to do for the bolt catch is to get it started then use vise grips with tape on the jaws to squeeze it in. Just squeze, release, tighten the grips and squeze again, then repeat until flush. Use a punch to tap the last little bit.

This method works great for the trigger guard also. Helps prevent breaking the ear off.
                                This is the method i used. And it works great.

Comment

Working...
                                X