Anybody like shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    I have a Beretta 1301 Tactical. Absolutely love it. It's light, soft shooting, and after probably close to 1000 rounds of mixed bird shot, buckshot, and slugs; has been utterly reliable.
    You running the pistol grip or standard?

Comment

I love shotguns but more for hunting and sport than defense... I prefer my suppressed handguns for that inside the house. Here's my Benelli Super Sport (only pic I have handy).

Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        I love shotguns but more for hunting and sport than defense... I prefer my suppressed handguns for that inside the house. Here's my Benelli Super Sport (only pic I have handy).
        Looks like lots of cowskin rugs there.

Comment

I sold all but one, just have a weatherby regency over/under left now. It is a beautiful piece that I will never sell. I’m more into ARs and pistols.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            I love shotties! I have a few 870s, a Stoeger M3K I should probably sell or trade and a Binelli M1. I need to hear more about these tactical shottie classes Jose has been to! That would be massive fun and educational.
            Most of the "tacitcal" shottie classes are not that tactical. You are not going to be running through an obstacle course or anything like that. So I've taken a 1 day Shotgun Class and a 3 day Instructor class both taught by Rangemaster and Tom Givens. Edit. I also took another shotgun class by another guy I know who teaches the Massad Ayoob curriculum and he also attended the Instructor class I did.

So the 1 day class basically runs you through a lot of drills. You will get to shoot a lot (depending on class size) and you will spend a lot of time learning your shotgun. Loading. Unloading. Patterning your shotgun (very important). I don't remember the exact ammo loadout but you will shoot a lot of birdshot and maybe 20 rounds of buckshot. You want to bring what you would want to use for a home defense load as you will be shooting this from varying distances to see how it patterns.

I took the Instructor class because you rarely see shotgun classes anywhere locally. I talked to Tom and he said it wouldn't be an issue not being an instructor. Basically the 3 day Instructor class is 3 days of the 1 day class on steroids. What is added is how to teach others to shoot a shotgun. You will spend time being coached by your peers and doing coaching yourself. You get a lot of class time going over history, use cases (like why birdshot is bad), you will be expected to give a presentation on a particular subject that is picked for you, and pass a written test. You will get a chance to shoot different shotguns from others in the class as well as some that Tom brings. I've shot various pump shotguns, semi autos, and single/double barrel shotguns. You will also see a lot of shotguns fail. I did enough loading and unloading of my shotgun that I had cuts on my hand and a blister. I would totally do this class again.

If you are interested, I'm thinking about taking this class early next year. Let me know if you are interested.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/symtac-...owpublishemail

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
            You running the pistol grip or standard?
            Standard. I've had a pistol grip stock shotgun before and didn't care for it.

Comment

That sounds like an awesome class. You?d think it would be taught more often and at more locations. TX is the closest location to me still.

Comment

That sounds like an awesome class. You?d think it would be taught more often and at more locations. TX is the closest location to me still.
                Nope. Shotgun classes are few and far between. I've only taken one in the DFW area. The good classes you normally have to travel for. Firearm classes in general are rarely done in this area. And when they are, you have to jump on them.

Interested in a good handgun class locally in September?

Two days of training in the proper, safe and lawful use of the handgun in self defense,

Comment

Stay home, gay boy.

Comment

If that?s your best, you are gettin? old and lazy.

Comment

So long Gay Boys!!!

Comment

One of you, I can’t remember who, introduced me to their Mossy 930 JM edition. I liked it so much that I got a similar 930. So, thanks, if that was you.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          So long Gay Boys!!!
                          Gay as a broken down orvette in front of a single wide!
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Working...
                          X