No announcement yet.

Cheap .300 SBR build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to sell the upper to help purchase the new one or just keep it around for some fireball fun?

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
      Are you going to sell the upper to help purchase the new one or just keep it around for some fireball fun?
      Oh it's still together, just changing out the handguard which should be here today, I'll put some pics up. Also building a 7.5" .223 sbr which is pretty cool.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I installed a YHM diamond specter rail, met up perfectly where I wanted it. Only problem is it's heavy as shit. Added 1lb to the gun, so my 9.5" sbr weighs 7lbs now. I am not pleased.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Pichurs!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Well, it looks okay I guess. I really hate quad rails... and I knew this one was heavy, but I got a good price on it, and it's an obscure specter length of 9.675" which I needed to keep the can inside the handguard, and it's a big enough ID.

And then.... holy shit that's heavy. That's ridiculous.

Just to give you an idea of how heavy that is. My 9.5" barrel SBR is heavier than a 20" M16.

Well, anyone wanna buy a YHM Specter diamond series handguard? Sell it for what I got in it, $110.

Comment

You better put a mag in that m16 and weigh it again and lose the optic/light for apples to apples.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                You better put a mag in that m16 and weigh it again and lose the optic/light for apples to apples.
                It's just an example of how ridiculously heavy it is right now. I can take off 6 ounces by removing the cheek rests on the vltor stock, and switching to a samson rail and ditching the yhm will save me 7 ounces. So that's 13 ounces, almost a 1lb reduction. I knew the YHM rail was 1lb before I ordered it, but I didn't expect how much I would dislike the weight. I put the vltor stock to it since it's heavier and it helps balance it out right now. But a 7lb+ sbr is crap. I had looked at buying one of the clark custom carbon fiber handguards at 4oz, but it's a lot of cutting and gluing that will result in a fragile gun. I really can't think of anything else I can do to cut the weight on it. The suppressor weighs 12oz so right now it's going to end up weighing 8lb 6oz. When I switch the rail out and remove the cheek rests on the stock I can get it down to 7lbs 9oz - or lighter than it currently is without the can. That will work for me.

Comment

Because Adam is a dick:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X