opinions on reloading gear needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by futant View Post
    Hey CJ what do you think about all the reports of ppl wearing out the bowls for this thing tumbling stuff that is 'sharp' ?
    should i beef it up with epoxy , or an inner tube, as some suggested?
    or not necessary for brass you think?
    Nah, that's only for people who do commercial deburring in vibratory tumblers. And even then it takes years to do that. I've probably tumbled 500,000 cases through one of my tumblers and it's still fine. The motor will go out long before that.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

God there's scoops now!
      yeah i think i'll pass on that idea due to what CJ said.

a throw, and a scale should do me fine for now. I dont understand about the trickler
      why wouldn't i want one of these for my match 308 shit ?

I'm thinking 9mm,45acp,and 762x39 will be the fast stuff (which I keep really debateing just going back to the idea of using a turret press for instead)

I mean the Forster coax press is going to force me to go slower and handle the brass a little more right?
      Is that basically the difference ?
      with a 'single press' will i still be able to do say 100-150 /hr ?
      I guess you can do 200/hr on a turret , but I don't shoot so much it would kill me to spend a bit more time making my ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Nah, that's only for people who do commercial deburring in vibratory tumblers. And even then it takes years to do that. I've probably tumbled 500,000 cases through one of my tumblers and it's still fine. The motor will go out long before that.
        just to be clear.... you are talking about the HF one that is thin plastic , right ?

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
          just to be clear.... you are talking about the HF one that is thin plastic , right ?
          yes that plastic lasts forever. I use their big tumbler. If you're doing <1000 cases you can get by with the small one, just running them in smaller quantities. Get a warranty with them though.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
          X