This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    I'm all about the .458 SOCOM and .300 Blackout.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee View Post
      It's designated as a +p after the change in 1974 to distinguish it from the 380acp which will chamber both. All 38 super will say +p or is supposed to. I've been looking at a compact 1911 in 38 super so I have researched it a good bit lately.
      So you're saying that there is no difference in max pressure between 38 super and 38 super +P? Because the whole point of +P is to designate over max pressure. You're saying 38 Super +P is the actual name of the cartridge?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I know we're missing some more cartridges here.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• This is 2004 but it's the best I could find. It shows .38 Super +P but no .38 Super.

Edit: This: http://www.leverguns.com/articles/saami_pressures.htm
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            So you're saying that there is no difference in max pressure between 38 super and 38 super +P? Because the whole point of +P is to designate over max pressure. You're saying 38 Super +P is the actual name of the cartridge?
            Yes it was changed since the M1900 & 1903 autos chambered in 380acp would chamber the super but would cause catastrophic failure due to the drastic variation in pressure between yhe 2.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• .44 special, .32 h&r magnum?

Comment

• Comment

• I forgot .32 ACP for the traditional chart.

I considered .44 spc but its pretty much an extinct predecessor to .44 mag. And all of the hot loads are just over pressure. I also don't know of any revolvers chambered in .44 spec only.

Comment

Yes it was changed since the M1900 & 1903 autos chambered in 380acp would chamber the super but would cause catastrophic failure due to the drastic variation in pressure between yhe 2.
                    I will update it.

Comment

• As far as wildcats go what about 9x23 Winchester (actual factory offering just not well received) also 9x25 Dillon which is very interesting.

Comment

As far as wildcats go what about 9x23 Winchester (actual factory offering just not well received) also 9x25 Dillon which is very interesting.
                        I have 9x25 Dillon, I've never even heard of 9x23, but I bet its damn near the same as Dillon.

Comment

• No, it's just a longer 9mm Luger case.
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                            No, it's just a longer 9mm Luger case.
                            So its a .38 super basically? I forgot the 9x25 is a necked down 10mm.

Comment

I have 9x25 Dillon, I've never even heard of 9x23, but I bet its damn near the same as Dillon.
                              It's a little bit weaker but pretty neat been pretty popular in 1911's it seems. Only downside is Winchester is the only one offering factory ammo that I've seen. 124gr @ 1460fps puts it at 5887lbf

Comment

So its a .38 super basically? I forgot the 9x25 is a necked down 10mm.
                                38 Super Duper
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X