Lets see your 1911's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
    Sure are a lot of shitty Kimbers in here!!
    You see a lot of full color Kimber ads in gun rags. Coincidence?

Comment

my current one...

with an old one

Comment

Sub par by some standards. LOL

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Sub par by some standards. LOL

Nah, if by sub par you mean below average, then no. If by worth what you pay for them? Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            Nah, if by sub par you mean below average, then no. If by worth what you pay for them? Heh.
            It ain't Carl's Wilson that is for sure. However mine shot better than his did in a side by side comparison at the range.

Comment

It ain't Carl's Wilson that is for sure. However mine shot better than his did in a side by side comparison at the range.
              Define "shot better"?

I do like the way it looks. Might I recommend some VZ grips?

Comment

You see a lot of full color Kimber ads in gun rags. Coincidence?
                i got mine when everyone in canada was still swinging on kimbers nuts. i went off what the people here said was best at the time
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                  i got mine when everyone in canada was still swinging on kimbers nuts. i went off what the people here said was best at the time
                  It's not like every gun they make is junk. Some of them are good solid guns, but they are not and never have been custom grade guns. They are pretty, available in 1000000 configurations and if yours shoots good, then rock on! If yours doesn't, prepare for them to do everything except for fix it. The complete opposite end of the spectrum from Springfield. Which is why I would never buy one. If I'm paying $1000+ for a gun, it's going to shoot, shoot well, be made with quality materials and workmanship by a company who will stand behind the product. Kimber often misses that mark in a few areas.

Comment

Define "shot better"?

I do like the way it looks. Might I recommend some VZ grips?
                    With the same ammo I was shooting better groups with my Kimber than the Wilson. He was all over the place with it and I was wondering if it was him or the gun. It was both.

Comment

With the same ammo I was shooting better groups with my Kimber than the Wilson. He was all over the place with it and I was wondering if it was him or the gun. It was both.
                      Such is life. Does yours run reliably now? I'm never letting you touch my STIs again after your pre-emptive sabotage.

Comment

Never had a malfunction and have well over 1k down it. Still on the stock recoil spring that it needed a change.

My first kimber was this and it was a pos ftf due to poor slide release fitment.

Comment

It's not like every gun they make is junk. Some of them are good solid guns, but they are not and never have been custom grade guns. They are pretty, available in 1000000 configurations and if yours shoots good, then rock on! If yours doesn't, prepare for them to do everything except for fix it. The complete opposite end of the spectrum from Springfield.
                          One of these days I am gonna test your words there. My kimber shoots high at all distances at the indoor range.

Comment

Such is life. Does yours run reliably now? I'm never letting you touch my STIs again after your pre-emptive sabotage.
                            My Kimber has never had a failure to feed or fire nor have I had any other loading issues.

Comment

It's not like every gun they make is junk. Some of them are good solid guns, but they are not and never have been custom grade guns. They are pretty, available in 1000000 configurations and if yours shoots good, then rock on! If yours doesn't, prepare for them to do everything except for fix it. The complete opposite end of the spectrum from Springfield. Which is why I would never buy one. If I'm paying $1000+ for a gun, it's going to shoot, shoot well, be made with quality materials and workmanship by a company who will stand behind the product. Kimber often misses that mark in a few areas.
                              shoots great! and i guess i did ok cuz mine was only 800
                              07 f250-family truckster
                              08 Denali -baby hauler
                              52 f1-rust bucket
                              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I've personally never seen a Kimber 1911 have a legitimate problem. All of the Kimbers I've shot were good shooters.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X