Lets see your 1911's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    One of these days I am gonna test your words there. My kimber shoots high at all distances at the indoor range.
    Originally posted by Kimber
    Dear Mr. KBS, We appreciate your purchase of one of our products. We are sorry to hear that you feel there is an issue with your firearm. We have function tested it in our facilities and are unable to duplicate your described problem. We recommend a 500 round break-in for our pistols and recoil spring replacement at 800 rounds.

Have a great day, the Kimber way.
    Pretty much.
    Last edited by ThreeFingerPete; 07-26-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
      shoots great! and i guess i did ok cuz mine was only 800
      Their guns range from ~$800 to over $2000. For $2000 you can buy a $900 Colt and have a real gunsmith work some personalized magic and have a little money left over for a pair of foam ear plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        Their guns range from ~$800 to over $2000. For $2000 you can buy a $900 Colt and have a real gunsmith work some personalized magic and have a little money left over for a pair of foam ear plugs.
        my next 1911 will be a colt. maybe a little ingraving and a trigger job. i like things simple
        07 f250-family truckster
        08 Denali -baby hauler
        52 f1-rust bucket
        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          I've personally never seen a Kimber 1911 have a legitimate problem. All of the Kimbers I've shot were good shooters.
          I have shot about a dozen that were jam-o-matics, loose, sights off by a lot, etc. After those lovely experiences, I don't put much doubt into the problem guns that people post about on the internet. I've seen it first hand.

I've also shot 20 or 30 that shot fine.

Comment

I have shot about a dozen that were jam-o-matics, loose, sights off by a lot, etc. After those lovely experiences, I don't put much doubt into the problem guns that people post about on the internet. I've seen it first hand.

I've also shot 20 or 30 that shot fine.
            I believe it guy on my hunting lease said there were 2 in his renewal class that had to borrow guns cause their Kimber's couldn't finish the course of fire. I also wonder if some of the complaints are from the people that bought the sub compact style 1911's which can be very picky if extra care isn't used during assembly.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
              I believe it guy on my hunting lease said there were 2 in his renewal class that had to borrow guns cause their Kimber's couldn't finish the course of fire. I also wonder if some of the complaints are from the people that bought the sub compact style 1911's which can be very picky if extra care isn't used during assembly.

One of the instructors at my CHL qualification tried to trade me a raced up Kimber for my Tanfoglio Elite Limited. I tried my best not to laugh.

And... My 3" STI runs like a Swiss watch.

Comment

One of the instructors at my CHL qualification tried to trade me a raced up Kimber for my Tanfoglio Elite Limited. I tried my best not to laugh.

Really?
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I have never heard of any complaints at all against STI.

I need to make it down that way one of these days to a range gtg and try an STI out. Sad thing is these days i don't shoot my pistols much at all, it has been damn near a year since I've fired my Kimber and it was to kill a snake.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Really?
                    I was referring to my officers length .45.
                    I have hundreds of rounds through my VIP which is a 3.9", let at least a dozen other people shoot it and you are the only person to ever have a hiccup. Thats why you can't shoot mine anymore, I think you had some Kimber on your hands and it rubbed off.

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post
                      my current one...

with an old one
                      When you get around to selling this one, let me know. I wanted that EMP but could never make the trip to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        Never had a malfunction and have well over 1k down it. Still on the stock recoil spring that it needed a change.

My first kimber was this and it was a pos ftf due to poor slide release fitment.

I told you how to fix that thing, next time listen to the rat with a geetar.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                          When you get around to selling this one, let me know. I wanted that EMP but could never make the trip to get it.
                          i sold it on gunbroker the day before i was going to send it too you(i went to take it down and saw that it sold for the buy it now). unfortunately i felt that gunbroker was was going to be more problematic if i didnt let it go to the buyer.

you didnt want it in .40 anyway, it shot like shit.

i shot a 9mm side by side and would hands down buy the 9mm any day over the .40 EMP

i think i may still have the receipts, it was only like $700 worth of work done to it. if you could buy a rough used 9mm and send it in you would come out ahead of what i sold mine for. i had the work done because it was already there for warrany issues but it took 6 months to get it back.

Comment

I have a few but nothing that has been worked by a gunsmith.

Comment

Just picked up this Sig an hour ago.

Comment

bought a citadel compact today. I'll post up in an hour or two.
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X