Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been to Galveston since the hurricane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to Galveston since the hurricane?

I'm thinking about taking the family down to Galveston for a short getaway, but can't find much to say how it's recovered after the hurricane hit. Anyone been recently?
    DamonH

Wasn't the hurricane a few years back? I'd think if Alabama can bounce back after BP that Galveston should be back in business after a few years.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Plus we were down there last year and everything was pretty much back up and running.

G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
        I'm thinking about taking the family down to Galveston for a short getaway, but can't find much to say how it's recovered after the hurricane hit. Anyone been recently?
        We are going down for a few days next week, couple of things are gone, but it's business as usual for tourism.

Edit: Oh yeah, in before the "Why would anyone want to go to Galveston?" post from a 30K baller.
        Slow moving projects
        1964 C10 350/700r4
        1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
          We are going down for a few days next week, couple of things are gone, but it's business as usual for tourism.

Edit: Oh yeah, in before the "Why would anyone want to go to Galveston?" post from a 30K baller.
          30K is baller?
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Pm Elvis. He goes down there about 60 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
              Pm Elvis. He goes down there about 60 times a year.
              He goes down everywhere; but yes, sometimes it's in galveston.

Comment

Yep, we were there last July, and there were remnants of the destruction, but it was business as usuall for the most part. I can imagine that a year later they've cleaned it up a bit more, not that it was horrific or anything when we were there.

I have a beautiful beach and a blue ocean out my back door, and I went to Houston because I have family in Dallas with, and it's a bit more cost-effective to drive the little kids down to Galveston than to fly anywhere, and saves sanity more than taking a longer road trip.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                  He goes down everywhere; but yes, sometimes it's in galveston.
                  Lulz
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Yeah we have been twice since the big one. Like everyone said most everything is back open unless it got knocked off the sea wall. We did go over to Crystal Beach last time and wow that place is still messed up pretty good.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Went the summer of '09 and everything was okay.

I got drunk and laid out on the beach, so I would call that a win.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                        30K is baller?
                        2 years ago it would finance a future as a debt slave.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by threefingerpete View Post
                          he goes down on every guy; but yes, sometimes even in galveston.
                          fixed

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                            fixed
                            hey Captain Obvious, thanks for explaining the joke
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                              Galveston was fairly thrashed still back in August when we went through on our way to Surfside Beach. It might be better by now. Surfside was AWESOME though, just FYI
                              Originally posted by Vertnut
                              I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X