Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been to Galveston since the hurricane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted View Post
    Pm Elvis. He goes down there about 60 times a year.
    Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    Went the summer of '09 and everything was okay.

I got drunk and laid out on the beach, so I would call that a win.
    Coincidence? I think not.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

its fine for the toursit to go down there. the beachfront is all fixed up a few damange can be seen still in the inner part of the island but the seawall is up to par.

Comment

is the big fishing pier still messed up? Want to do a fishing trip there for a weekend. Love that pier caught two sharks there last time.
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Down there every year for the 4th. It's fine.
          2014 GT
          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
            is the big fishing pier still messed up? Want to do a fishing trip there for a weekend. Love that pier caught two sharks there last time.
            The one in Texas City on the end of the 5 mile long dike?

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by vsracing View Post
              its fine for the toursit to go down there. the beachfront is all fixed up a few damange can be seen still in the inner part of the island but the seawall is up to par.
              Now this is how you make a first post!!
              G'Day Mate

Comment

I went about a year after it hit. It wasnt that bad when I was there. that big knock off walmart place was going to open up the rest of the store the week after we left. There were a couple of houses that havent been repaired but other than that the beach was nice. It was kinda funny though seeing a complete house just sitting on its roof out in the middle of a field on the way to the ferry. My uncle HAD a house that he lived in down there on crystal beach but it was taken along with his f-250, f-150, softail harley (which was strapped down in the back of the f-250 which they found upside down smashed into a telephone pole ) He now lives here in mesquite.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                  I'm thinking about taking the family down to Galveston for a short getaway, but can't find much to say how it's recovered after the hurricane hit. Anyone been recently?
                  I was at Surfside in March of 2009. The beach house we stayed in was fine, but the one next door was rubble. From what I remember, seems like most of Bolivar Peninsula was washed away, but from Galveston Island on westward was "ok".

I'm sure it's in much better shape down there now.
                  Men have become the tools of their tools.
                  -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                    Down there every year for the 4th. It's fine.
                    X7

Been making an annual trip to Galveston for a while. I also drive south down the coast to visit relatives. Everything is as beautiful as it's ever been, if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                      The one in Texas City on the end of the 5 mile long dike?

Stevo
                      Speaking of the one across from the old jungle surf. Think there is one of those big ball bungee things there now that throws people up in the air.

Its the one right on the sea wall that was all wood.

Btw: what is up with the Flagship hotel?
                      Murph

Comment

The long ass T pier just south of the 61st street pier is being rebuilt. http://www.galvestonfishingpier.com/

Look down near the bottom of the left hand of the page for new pictures..Part of it is supposed to open in June I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                          Speaking of the one across from the old jungle surf. Think there is one of those big ball bungee things there now that throws people up in the air.

Its the one right on the sea wall that was all wood.

Btw: what is up with the Flagship hotel?
                          The Flagship is being torn down, to make room for an over the water amusement park.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake007 View Post
                            The long ass T pier just south of the 61st street pier is being rebuilt. http://www.galvestonfishingpier.com/

Look down near the bottom of the left hand of the page for new pictures..Part of it is supposed to open in June I believe.
                            Thanks for the info. Looking forward to getting fishy again.
                            Murph

Comment

Originally posted by Snake007 View Post
                              The Flagship is being torn down, to make room for an over the water amusement park.
                              kinda ironic thats what it was before the hotel. I'd wish I'd stayed there at least once before the storm.

Going to miss the mermaids.
                              Murph

Comment

We were at Mustang Island last summer just following the BP oil spill fiasco. It was fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X