Chevy Tahoe police wheels - takeoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy Tahoe police wheels - takeoffs?

Anyone have a lead on a set of the black wheels that come on the police Tahoes?

$90 per (for the plain steelie) plus powdercoating black plus centercaps seems a bit high.
    Last edited by Strychnine; 08-04-2011, 04:38 PM.

Wish u the best o luck man. I wanted some cvpi wheels when I had a Fairlane. It was tough!

Comment

This guy my friend knows sells used car parts...
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Black steel wheels run about $60 a piece for 15" wheels, I assume the cop steelies are 17's, so I would think that $90 or so would be a fair price. No idea where you can find them though.

I do like the look of the cop Tahoes though. Slightly lowered, no roof rack, steel wheels with chrome center caps and a pusher bar. Nice.

Comment

Buy these and take the chrome skin off. That way you still have the chrome cap.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            Buy these and take the chrome skin off. That way you still have the chrome cap.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/2513199168.html
            That's alot of money for shitty looking chrome take-offs, especially since they would still need work.

Edit: I just looked at Discount tire and they have a decent selection of aftermarket black wheels for under $150 each. Some as low as $110.

Comment

Those are skinned? I thought those were for real chrome wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                That's alot of money for shitty looking chrome take-offs, especially since they would still need work.

Edit: I just looked at Discount tire and they have a decent selection of aftermarket black wheels for under $150 each. Some as low as $110.
                I think those in the ad are $150 for the set, not each.

Comment

$150 for 4 wheels WITH caps? Have you seen the price of steel latley?

I get that for just the center caps. That is a smoking deal, since taking the chrome skins off is free and he is done. How cheap do they need to be Craig?

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                    Those are skinned? I thought those were for real chrome wheels?
                    Almost all OE steel wheels are chrome skinned now.

Comment

$150 for 4 wheels WITH caps? Have you seen the price of steel latley?

I get that for just the center caps. That is a smoking deal, since taking the chrome skins off is free and he is done. How cheap do they need to be Craig?
                      Oh, wait, $150 for all? I was thinking $150 EACH. My bad. That is a great deal. Matt, buy those stat!

BTW, no reason to be snippy, fucker!

We need to hang out, it's been too long.

Comment

I'm seeing an ad for a set of wheels for $150...

pull the skins off, have them powdercoated, roll out... still a little pricey, but better than $90 a piece
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Oh, wait, $150 for all? I was thinking $150 EACH. My bad. That is a great deal. Matt, buy those stat!

BTW, no reason to be snippy, fucker!

We need to hang out, it's been too long.
                          I agree sir.

Comment

I agree sir.
                            Let's all kick it Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              I'm seeing an ad for a set of wheels for $150...

pull the skins off, have them powdercoated, roll out... still a little pricey, but better than $90 a piece

powder coating is too much , high temp engine enamel holds up great! AND you can touch it back up if needed, did the wheels on wifeys FX 3 almost 4 years ago and still look great....

Comment

Working...
                              X