Garage/Shop Floors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage/Shop Floors

If you have done it, what product did you use? Any feedback, positive/negative, on the products out there is appreciated.

subscribing...

Comment

I looked into doing something like this awhile ago, however decided a bare floor was better. Doing a floor epoxy is great if its for show. If the garage sees a high volume of traffic like hot tires repeatedly running over the same path, jacks and jackstands it doesn't matter how thorough the epoxy is applied, it will come up and look like shit. Still thinking about doing something like cheap industrial tile with some sort of grit used for traction...

Comment

i used this at one of my parents renthouses and as soon as i get everythig unpacked im going to do it at my house.

only thing that sucks about it is the prep takes some time. lots of cleaning. but once you get it on its on for good. and the price is good.
        Last edited by Blackout; 10-19-2011, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I used the rustoleium stuff from Lowes and it sucks! I cleaned it twice what it recommended. Every time I would park my car it would leave brown spots. After about 2 months it started peeling and now anything that gets spilled it leaves a huge stain that will not come up. I even put 4 coats of clear over the top. It is much more expensive but I would suggest using u coat it brand. We put that down in my old shop class, and the only way it would scratch or get messed up was if you took a chunk of concrete with it! Would not stain or anything!! 8 years later it still looks great and this is in an auto shop!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
            I used the rustoleium stuff from Lowes and it sucks! I cleaned it twice what it recommended. Every time I would park my car it would leave brown spots. After about 2 months it started peeling and now anything that gets spilled it leaves a huge stain that will not come up. I even put 4 coats of clear over the top. It is much more expensive but I would suggest using u coat it brand. We put that down in my old shop class, and the only way it would scratch or get messed up was if you took a chunk of concrete with it! Would not stain or anything!! 8 years later it still looks great and this is in an auto shop!
            i think i used the u coat stuff now that you mention it. cause i havent had the same problems you have and i only cleaned it once.

edited my last post.

Comment

you can have them look like this and you will not get it to lift without a diamond grinder. cost is usually between 8-12$ per foot.

pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! I have access to a diamond grinder and understand the pre work is the most important part. I'm leaning towards a polished concrete with a few coats of sealer on it. I've heard too many mixed reviews on all of the different epoxy kits/products out there...I'd hate to spend $400+ on epoxy and it turn out like crap...with polished concrete and a few seal coats, I think I'd have less chance of a botched result in the end.....Your thoughts???

Comment

By the way, those floors in the pics look awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                    you can have them look like this and you will not get it to lift without a diamond grinder. cost is usually between 8-12$ per foot.
                    You could get a new floor poured for that price. Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARY View Post
                      Thanks for the feedback guys! I have access to a diamond grinder and understand the pre work is the most important part. I'm leaning towards a polished concrete with a few coats of sealer on it. I've heard too many mixed reviews on all of the different epoxy kits/products out there...I'd hate to spend $400+ on epoxy and it turn out like crap...with polished concrete and a few seal coats, I think I'd have less chance of a botched result in the end.....Your thoughts???
                      id use a shotblaster if the floor is in decent shape, you can rent them, as they are about a $45K machine. A grinder will leave swirl marks and take LOTS of coating to make them go away.....
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        You could get a new floor poured for that price. Jesus.
                        not with coating you can't LOL.
                        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Both my brother and I used a kit called Epoxymaster cause the ones at homedepot and lowes both started peeling. I picked mine up at meijer.com for $250. It is a real 2 part epoxy and is thick. The kit came with everything except the spiked shoes(highly recommend).Both our floors came out great and sealed up the minor cracks plus its self leveling. It told about an hour to lay it. We both had grind our concrete which took 3-5 hours but made the epoxy stick great.

Comment

I used the sherwin Williams industrial floor paint in my shop. It's a 2 part and looks good after 9 years except where an old car leaked oil and it sat for 3 years.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                              not with coating you can't LOL.
                              Yeah, but you'd have a brand new floor!

Comment

Working...
                              X