Date Ideas in Dallas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date Ideas in Dallas?

So I'm taking this girl out in Dallas on Friday night and am wondering if you guys have any good ideas on places to go/things to do?

This will be date #2, so I really don't know her too well and don't want to go over-the-top with anything too fancy/expensive. Date #1 was pretty simple, and on a Tuesday night, so we just went to Sangria in uptown for dinner and had a couple of drinks afterwards at another local bar. She's not a big drinker, and all I usually do in Dallas is go bar-hoping, so I'm looking for alternate ideas.

Suggestions?

I would say drive through but you don't have anything good beyond that for a good few hundred miles.

You're in Flower Mound, why not go towards Fort Worth?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Cause she lives in uptown Dallas...otherwise I'd take her out to a couple of more local places that I like up here.

I'm open to Ft. Worth though...anyone know of anything good going on? I heard there's a film festival in Sundance Square, but I'm not really into that. Uncle Kracker is at Billy Bobs (no thanks). The only thing I'd kinda like to do is to go see Turnpike Troubadours at Woodys...but I don't know if she'd be into that, and Woody's isn't that great of a venue if you're not into who's playing. It's super loud too, so we couldn't really talk much.

Thanks though...other thoughts/ideas in Dallas or Ft. Worth?

Comment

Think activities. Bowling, rollerskating, rock climbing, skeeball. Something you can do, talk and enjoy together.

Going to a comedy club or movie is nothing more than sitting next to someone quietly for a couple hours. Instant friend zone.

But no matter what, be yourself, do stuff you want to do. Chicks can sniff out fake enthusiasm like fudge.

Comment

Hockey game and drinks at reunion tower after the game...

Comment

I like Toulouse on Knox. It's a no-reservations restaurant, and has amazing food. It's also not terribly expensive ($30ish dollars a plate), and has great conversation atmosphere.

EDIT: There are shitloads of other things to do though. The Nasher sculpture center is a bangin' date spot, but they close kind of early. Other than that, a sunset cruise around White Rock from the spillway entrance of East Lawther, north to West Lawther, and then south to the boat house, may get you a good view of the moonrise.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I heard the 13th floor is a hell of a time with a few tv's to swing

Comment

In-n-Out burger
                dfw gunrange on mockingbird
                angellika theatre
                ?????
                profit!

Comment

Chuy's is good.

Comment

13th Floor...lol...had to look it up, pretty funny. Not ready for that on date #2.

She's an attorney, and a little conservative. I'm betting there's a naughty girl inside her somewhere, but I'm not expecting to meet her on Friday night (unfortunately). I like her though, and the first date went well, so I'm trying to find something kinda unique and fun to do. I like the rollerskating idea, actually. It's kinda goofy, but fun.

I'm not trying to set the bar too high and make it look like I'm just trying to impress her by taking her to an expensive restaurant (that's too easy), but I'll check out the Toulouse. Sounds interesting.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Chuy's is good.
                      Indeed...but I'm trying to avoid Mexican...and Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                        So I'm taking this girl out in Dallas on Friday night and am wondering if you guys have any good ideas on places to go/things to do?

This will be date #2, so I really don't know her too well and don't want to go over-the-top with anything too fancy/expensive. Date #1 was pretty simple, and on a Tuesday night, so we just went to Sangria in uptown for dinner and had a couple of drinks afterwards at another local bar. She's not a big drinker, and all I usually do in Dallas is go bar-hoping, so I'm looking for alternate ideas.

Suggestions?
                        Change it to Sunday. Trust me on this. Tell her something came up with the family or whatever. This let's her know that you are interested and are willing to reschedule but not bending over backwards.

Then take her to Sambuca on McKinney Ave around 7:30ish pm. They have half price appetizers and half price bottles of wine. Just order 2 appetizers and a bottle of red wine. They also have live music. Very nice. Take your time there talking and when you're done walk across the street to the Ritz Carlton and have 1 drink at the bar and sit on the couches and chit chat. Notice I said ONE drink because they are pricey there.

By now, you'll be holding hands, cuddling, kissing or what not and she'll think you're such a gentleman. Don't try to get in her pants this night. Tell her you had a great time with her and voila....

All in all you'll spend about $60 bucks and will be worth every penny. You'll thank me later.

Works every time. Valet the car, hold the door open, pull her chair, don't eat before she takes the first bite, let her be the one to give the wine the "ok" before the server gives it to you.

Thanks me on Monday. End of thread.

Comment

Stay at home. Cook her dinner. Along with some wine and you're getting laid. Girls like guys to be spontaneous and original.

Comment

Id look for a place in Las Colinas then.

If you are in the FM or HV area I like blue goose and patrizio's.

Comment

How about speed zone? Could ride a few carts, play a little golf and have a few drinks if wanted. Its a pretty cool atmosphere and there is the sky jump across the street if your into that kinda thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X