No announcement yet.

Odometer Fraud Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the guy at the original lot was a prick. No surprise there. A buddy at one of the Dodge houses here pulled a Telex, which was clean. He said that they can run a diagnostic scan on it, which should pull up a footprint if the odometer was ever corrected. If it shows a correction, she will file a claim with the DMV if the car lot won't make it right. If it's clean, my buddy will take her trade.

Comment

when a dealer registers the car they sign a statement stating the miles are correct. IF your friend wants to, they can call the DMV and file a complaint on the dealer. The dealer will have to resolve the mileage issue.

Comment

Luber goobers doing state inspections screw up the mileage all the time on carfax and autocheck reports. They are both private companies and the data is sourced by other private companies, no guarantees of accuracy.

Good idea on running away from a Hemi Durango though, talk about a money pit.

If someone were changing the mileage they'd do enough to increase the value. Going from 130k to 59k would be worth it, knocking 3k miles off wouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Luber goobers doing state inspections screw up the mileage all the time on carfax and autocheck reports. They are both private companies and the data is sourced by other private companies, no guarantees of accuracy.

If someone were changing the mileage they'd do enough to increase the value. Going from 130k to 59k would be worth it, knocking 3k miles off wouldn't be.
          That, plus in this case, a service advisor may have fudged the number in order to get a repair covered by waranty.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

Im not a dodge fan but one of my cars is an 06 dodge durango hemi. I think it has 86k on it now had it since new. Only done normal maintenance on it, and I had to do the egr valve. but most cars that are money pits are hobby cars or the people that dont do any of the normal maintenance.

Comment

Working...
            X