no more occupy dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    Did these permit to protest laws happen post civil rights movement? If these OWS kids disperse then they have no heart.
    Originally posted by Hobie View Post
    As a constitutional conservative it saddens me that you need a permit to peaceably assemble in order to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Fuckin' liberal big brother bullshit. Even conservatives are liberals now. Won't be long until individual rights are a fond memory from the past.
    I recall Reagan speaking about this. And I agree with you. It is a fucking disgrace.
    Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    A big X2 on these points.
    Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
    Thank you! Just saw this and was wondering how far down I would have to read to see someone stand up for the Constitution. We may not agree with them but thankfully a few on here see the big picture and how little by little they're taking our rights away.
    Unbelievable how many people don't see the big brother police state take over. Yey for the po po, breaking more laws than they protect.
    Wonder if they'll pull the "kettling" or "anarchist" scam.

Lmao! No rights have been taken away by requiring a permit to protest. Yall are ridiculous.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

It's amazing, because if you read the OWS site, and talk to the smarter members of the movement, it was founded on sound principles. As it took popularity, every dickbag with a sense of entitlement jumped on board, and that's where the "pay my student loans, everyone should have everything, etc" came in. They could have done something if they didn't let their cause be diluted by the type of people who have no idea what they're protesting, and are only there to be a part of something.

And Brent, have you ever heard of civil disobedience?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Lmao! No rights have been taken away by requiring a permit to protest. Yall are ridiculous.
        A right doesn't require a permit. Kind of like registering a firearm that is a right to own. It starts out as an impedance to a right, and ends with a regulated removal of that right.

Comment

The anti-OWS crowd is ok with it, UNTIL they attempt to bitch and fall into the red tape. Then it will become an egregious act of a tyrannical government that has lost touch with the constitution. Fact is, they already have. The US govt jumped the shark.

I think the supreme irony is the lack of vision conservatives are displaying on this issue.
          Agreed

A right doesn't require a permit. Kind of like registering a firearm that is a right to own. It starts out as an impedance to a right, and ends with a regulated removal of that right.
          Yep

Slowly but surely we're willingly giving up our freedoms.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

The time to refresh the tree is approaching.
          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

So, you're saying it's perfectly ok to get thousands of people together, with no order at all? How else do you propose to organize chaos? Who should pay for clean up? Who should pay for the officers needed to keep things peaceful? Like it or not, it's necessary, these people are fucking animals. Rape, assault, theft, drugs, Molotov cocktails, oh my! Think of how much more out of hand things would be if there were no police presence.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

When members of a protest become violent and/or destroy property, it has ceased to be a protest and has evolved into a riot. Riots are not protected by free-speech. The protestors/rioters have the choice to leave when it evolves into a riot and not face legal issues, or staying at the riot and becoming a member of the riot. Someone getting shot in the face with a tear gas canister for standing around in a riot falls on their own stupidity for not clearing out of the riot area when ordered.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                When members of a protest become violent and/or destroy property, it has ceased to be a protest and has evolved into a riot. Riots are not protected by free-speech. The protestors/rioters have the choice to leave when it evolves into a riot and not face legal issues, or staying at the riot and becoming a member of the riot. Someone getting shot in the face with a tear gas canister for standing around in a riot falls on their own stupidity for not clearing out of the riot area when ordered.

Stevo
                Neither is camping overnight.

Comment

So it's a right to move onto the lawn at City Hall and stay there indefinitely under the guise of 'protest'?

If so, then this opens all kinds of possibilities.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                  X