No Front Plate Ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Awww, someone's ass hurt. Do you not get the boom bitch reference? No need to get all menstrual on me, Red.

What the FUCK does that have to do with anything? It's another tax. Period. I don't know about you, but I pay plenty in taxes as it is. I'm sick and tired of, I'm going to venture a guess that 50+% of my income goes to taxes. Whether it's FICA, SS, property, sales tax. sin tax, registration, inspection, permits, etc. They're all fucking taxes. And I'm not too fucking fond of it. The Govt gets enough of my money as it is.

Neither of which was necessary.

I pay the same taxes as you do, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape for paying $10 for an extra license plate.

Try registering a vehicle in Kalifornia. You might not bitch about Texas then.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      You are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this "burdon" argument.

If there weren't consequences (fines), there would be no compliance, as evidenced by this board.
      Hey ugh... normally I don't run this at anyone but since you called me a moron the word you're looking for is burden and not burdon. Maybe you meant Klingon?

I'm sure someone of your stature probably knows that the price of metal has gone through the roof. Start adding up all those extra plates and the state probably spends billions (or is it billyons) on material and labor.

So... you wan't the oranges or what? Free zebra!

Comment

• I hope the front plate fine goes to 500 usd. That will teach that single mother of two whose barely making ends meet. Consequences, bro.

Comment

As far as the other states go, I guess they have a harder time identifying vehicles in offenses. Just like there are some states without a yearly inspection.

Not much I can do about it, so I don't worry about it.
          Ya, but you make such a big deal of it "here" (in FtW), yet there doesn't seem to be rampant want for having a front plate "there". I guess one would have to see the number of hit-n-runs vs prosecutions between "here" and "there" to justify your argument.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by tito View Post
            Hey ugh... normally I don't run this at anyone but since you called me a moron the word you're looking for is burden and not burdon. Maybe you meant Klingon?

I'm sure someone of your stature probably knows that the price of metal has gone through the roof. Start adding up all those extra plates and the state probably spends billions (or is it billyons) on material and labor.

So... you wan't the oranges or what? Free zebra!
            So you have to go apeshit over a typo? Are you now the grammar police?

Originally posted by tito View Post
            I hope the front plate fine goes to 500 usd. That will teach that single mother of two whose barely making ends meet. Consequences, bro.
            Single unwed mother? Yup, how about those consequences???? Seems like she's already made bad decisions.

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            Ya, but you make such a big deal of it "here" (in FtW), yet there doesn't seem to be rampant want for having a front plate "there". I guess one would have to see the number of hit-n-runs vs prosecutions between "here" and "there" to justify your argument.
            It is what it is. It makes it easier to identify vehicles. If another state wants to cave to people who don't want front plates for the sole reason of "it makes my car look like crap", then so be it.

Comment

• I have a question for you Matt... why don't cars that are registered as antiques have to have front plates... they only give you one...

just a random thought I had
              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Single unwed mother? Yup, how about those consequences???? Seems like she's already made bad decisions.

Lieutenant Don? Is that you? You let him use your log in again? That's comical. I was unaware you were allowed to be the judge and jury. I just thought they granted you the ability to be an overzealous, dickheaded, power tripping pig.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                  I have a question for you Matt... why don't cars that are registered as antiques have to have front plates... they only give you one...

It's obviously because cars registered as antiques will never be used in the commission of a crime.

Comment

Before all these guys get drove up and think they don't have to run a front plate, the author of that article is reading the statute solely on it's own merit without regards to the rest of the traffic code.

There is a catch all statute in the Traffic Code that states penalties for those offenses not specifically listed in statute.

So, while the statute itself does not call for a penalty, it's covered elsewhere in the Code.

I don't have the gumption to look it up now, I'll have to get ahold of a book when I get to work Saturday.
                    I would be interested in seeing that.

I though I found something similar in the bill itself but it looks like it may only apply to section 520 (504 is the section that requires plates)
                    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have a question for you Matt... why don't cars that are registered as antiques have to have front plates... they only give you one...

Cars registered as Antique are only authorized to be driven to a car show and or a shop. They are not legal to drive day to day.

Comment

• Every time I drive the Galaxie I am going somewhere to work on it
                        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I don't know the logic that the legislature used (if any at all), but my guess would be that there is a very very small amount (if any) of antique cars being used in offenses.

I've chased plenty of cars, trucks, and motorcycles in my day, but I've never chased a 1910 Model T.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Lieutenant Don? Is that you? You let him use your log in again? That's comical. I was unaware you were allowed to be the judge and jury. I just thought they granted you the ability to be an overzealous, dickheaded, power tripping pig.

Only for you Brent.

Did someone piss in your Wheaties this morning???? Or did you forget to take your meds???

Comment

• I received 14 stitches from a front plate a few years back. Cut the shit outta me, gave me a nice scar. Most of the time they are mounted with all the sharp edges exposed and are dangerous.

Do away with front plates, they are hazardous!!!!!!

Comment

Only for you Brent.

Did someone piss in your Wheaties this morning???? Or did you forget to take your meds???
                                Not at all. Just pointing out what's power tripping douchbag you are, as usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X