Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A+ View Post
    Dont know if serious......
    It was a bit tongue in cheek. WMDs were one of the reasons we invaded Iraq, and nuclear weapons would certainly apply.

I was really suggesting that they shouldn't need to manufacture reasons to invade - unspoken bit being: certainly not ones that also compromise our technology.

On the flip side, I'm not sure what those drones accomplish that satellites do not except to provoke Iran.
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Ah, I see. When I heard the troops were going to be coming home in Dec., I called bs. Then I hear we lost a drone! What a perfectly good reason to keep some troops behind. The Govt. Can track my internet pron from my phone, see my text messages and god knows whatelse, bur the can't keep track of a fucking drone !?
      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
        Iran has their own satellites...
        This got me to thinking..... Why don't we have satellite vs satellite ready systems yet? I mean.... ID a satellite that isn't ours, blow it to shit. Who's to say we did it? There's TON of "orbit trash" out there, man made and naturally occurring. If we know a country is a PITA why don't we trash some of their satellites? Not to mention the ones we hear about from time to time that are re-entering atmosphere and we have no real idea of their impact zones......

This seems like such a simple concept to me.... However, I realize it is rocket science so perhaps it's well above my head. <rim shot>
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post

On the flip side, I'm not sure what those drones accomplish that satellites do not except to provoke Iran.
          They can be armed, deployed to many different areas and controlled by lower level units.

Those are just off the top of my head - but 3 good reasons alone.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
            This got me to thinking..... Why don't we have satellite vs satellite ready systems yet? I mean.... ID a satellite that isn't ours, blow it to shit. Who's to say we did it? There's TON of "orbit trash" out there, man made and naturally occurring. If we know a country is a PITA why don't we trash some of their satellites? Not to mention the ones we hear about from time to time that are re-entering atmosphere and we have no real idea of their impact zones......

This seems like such a simple concept to me.... However, I realize it is rocket science so perhaps it's well above my head. <rim shot>
            The X37-B is rumored to do exactly that. It may also have the capability to modify enemy satellites in orbit, or bring them back to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
              And I believe that they did hack it. They've already got the best computer savvy brains available shipped in from Russia and China to try and beat Stuxnet. Why is it so hard to believe they would only be working on that one problem?
              The best brains in the world are the ones that wrote Stuxnet, not the ones struggling to figure it out a year later.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

But they will figure it out.
                .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                  The best brains in the world are the ones that wrote Stuxnet, not the ones struggling to figure it out a year later.
                  And yet the ones struggling are the ones that just captured our most technologically advanced drone completely intact.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    And yet the ones struggling are the ones that just captured our most technologically advanced drone completely intact.

Stevo
                    They did it by hitting it's weakest link, the GPS. The GPS is very easy to manipulate.

An error of nearly 1000ft can come from changing the time in the GPS clock by .000001 seconds.

Add enough time into the drone's clock to get it into Iran until it runs out of gas and poof. The military already stated that there is a fail safe when it gets low on fuel to look for a place to land.

Comment

You know we can be pretty sneaky ourselves, if nothing else we know exactly where the top Iranian scientists have been recently and where they'd store a captured aircraft. We also know exactly how interested the Chinese and Russians are in our technology and in due time we'll know if the Iranians have the capability of developing software to fly a bat wing aircraft. Who knows, maybe there is something on the craft that generates something we can track remotely and now we can find anyone that's been near it.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        When I mentioned this a week ago ( http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21901 ) people basically dismissed it as BS from Iran and said they don't have the technology to do such a thing. I say they have the best scientists that the Iranian oil money can buy, and that the US better pull it's proverbial head out of it's ass and deal with it, before we have some tugboat-launched suitcase nuke heading into New York, Houston or Los Angeles.

"founding fathering" this situation further will only get millions of Americans killed.

Stevo

Fixed

Messing around with other nations' business sends the wrong message to fringe nations like Iran. Leave them the fuck alone, and they won't do anything

Jesus H Christ
                        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

"We've asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama said.
                          I'm sure they told him his mother was a hamster and his father smelled of elderberries.

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                          Fixed

Messing around with other nations' business sends the wrong message to fringe nations like Iran. Leave them the fuck alone, and they won't do anything

Jesus H Christ
                          Not going to happen. Israel is one of our biggest allies and Iran has threatened to take them out multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            I'm sure they told him his mother was a hamster and his father smelled of elderberries.

Not going to happen. Israel is one of our biggest allies and Iran has threatened to take them out multiple times.
                            LOL. Overnight Monty Python movies on IFC? I had not seen life of Brian in a few years.... "The Shoe!!"

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                              Fixed

Jesus H Christ
                              Not too smart, are you? When a nation claims, year after year, that they plan on destroying another country, and they are doing their best to construct a weapon to do so, you better take precautions. But it seems, hippies like you don't think it would ever happen...

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                              X