X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    Picked these up for Christmas...
    Is that a Buffalo Trace experimental???

David, I havent had the reserve. I have a decanter full of Crown XR out for guests though.

Comment

• yes, and a buffalo trace single oak project.

the 3rd is Elmer T Lee, which was suggested by the guy at the liquor store when we were talking about the Pappy Van Winkle 23 yr.

Liquid Town in Corpus had 10 or so of the experimental

Comment

• Guys, is it ok that I really don't like Canadian whiskey? I just can't bring myself to like it. Is there a really good one I'm missing out on, or something?
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Your post with that picture implies that Macallan 12 is $60,000/shot.

What do they have that is *actually* that expensive? A bottle of 12 is $45 or so.
          Their 15 year old is pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Guys, is it ok that I really don't like Canadian whiskey? I just can't bring myself to like it. Is there a really good one I'm missing out on, or something?
            Fine by me. I've never cared for it.

For those keeping score at home I'm drinking Woodford double oaked tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
              Fine by me. I've never cared for it.

For those keeping score at home I'm drinking Woodford double oaked tonight.
              I think specifically, I feel like there's always something better at every price point. Does that make sense?

Comment

I think specifically, I feel like there's always something better at every price point. Does that make sense?
                Makes perfect sense and you aren't alone. Once I knew better and developed a palate for whiskey, anything Canadian wasn't even considered. On price point, for example, I'll gladly take an $18 750ml of Jim Beam Black over a $25 bottle of Crown any day. Take away the notorious bottle and purple draw string bag and Crown falls right next to Canadian Mist or Seagram's for me. I just don't find anything in it to appreciate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                  Makes perfect sense and you aren't alone. Once I knew better and developed a palate for whiskey, anything Canadian wasn't even considered. On price point, for example, I'll gladly take an $18 750ml of Jim Beam Black over a $25 bottle of Crown any day. Take away the notorious bottle and purple draw string bag and Crown falls right next to Canadian Mist or Seagram's for me. I just don't find anything in it to appreciate.
                  It will definitely still get you drunk, and there's something to be said for that.

Comment

• Not a fan of canadian, but ill drink it if someone offers. I rarely turn down booze.

But i havent bought a bottle of canadian whiskey in over a year.

Comment

• I haven't bought a bottle of Canadian Whiskey in years but since the Crown Reserve was a gift...

Yale, you should give it (Crown Reserve) a try if you get a chance. If you enjoy bourbon, this might work OK for you.

David

Comment

• Speaking of Canadian, someone that didn't know any better gave me a bottle of Crown Maple as a gift. Their heart was in the right place, but it is foul as fuck. Unless someone takes it off my hands or I leave it at a party, this thing will be in the cabinet forever.

Comment

• Say what? Does it have maple syrup in it?

Comment

• I remember liking Tangle Ridge... pretty sure that's Canadian. It's been several years though and my taste for good booze has been elevated since then

Comment

• I'll check it out. Thanks.

Comment

Say what? Does it have maple syrup in it?
                                Take one part Crown to one part Aunt Jemima. That's EXACTLY what it tastes like. You'll crave pancakes on the first sip. No shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X