No announcement yet.

Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for your loss Yale. Will toast a 15yo Glenlivet to him tonight.

David.

Comment

• So we go out to dinner tonight... Me, my wife, and a friend. He walks in and hands me a bottle of Rock Hill Farm single barrel. Long story short: the bottle that was meant to be a gift to me (and some wine and a few cigars) ended up getting killed by me, him, my wife, and the two owners of the place. Grab a bottle of this if you see it, you won't be disappointed.

Background: Rock Hill Farm is a Single Barrel bourbon made by Buffalo Trace in Frankfort, KY. Like Blanton’s, Rock Hill Farm is made using Buffalo Trace’s mash bill #2.

Overall: Rock Hill Farm is a tremendous bourbon that really doesn’t get its due. It has depth and layers of flavor that Blanton’s didn’t quite measure up to. More than anything I enjoyed the balance of grain and fruit that shines through.
      Last edited by Strychnine; 02-06-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Fruit? Whatafag!
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Picked up some 1792 Ridgemont Reserve this evening and it's decent for it's price point. I'll have to do a thorough comparison, but it may slightly edge out Buffalo Trace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
            Picked up some 1792 Ridgemont Reserve this evening and it's decent for it's price point. I'll have to do a thorough comparison, but it may slightly edge out Buffalo Trace.

1792 ain't bad.

I need to restock. Reserves are getting low.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
              1792 ain't bad.

I need to restock. Reserves are getting low.
              I had no choice. Sparse booze in the house, this bathroom is a beat down and Fossil Creek is close to Home Depot so I said, "Fuck it."

Comment

I had no choice. Sparse booze in the house, this bathroom is a beat down and Fossil Creek is close to Home Depot so I said, "Fuck it."
                If you are ever near I-20 and Bryant Irvin Road, there is a Specs liquor store one block south of there. You should give it a try if you get a chance.

By the way, 1792 is pretty decent.

Matt, I'll look for some of that Rockhill at Specs and give it a try.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                  If you are ever near I-20 and Bryant Irvin Road, there is a Specs liquor store one block south of there. You should give it a try if you get a chance.

By the way, 1792 is pretty decent.

Matt, I'll look for some of that Rockhill at Specs and give it a try.

David
                  Yeah, they also opened one up even closer to me at Eastchase and 30 that I need to check out. I really like the TW on Hulen, but sometimes that street can be a real pita.

Comment

Yeah, they also opened one up even closer to me at Eastchase and 30 that I need to check out. I really like the TW on Hulen, but sometimes that street can be a real pita.
                    They did? Thanks for the heads up, peckerwood!

Comment

• Comment

• awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          They did? Thanks for the heads up, peckerwood!
                          No problem shitface! It's in the old Office Depot building right across the street from the liquor store you like. What is it again, Phallus Liquors?

Comment

No problem shitface! It's in the old Office Depot building right across the street from the liquor store you like. What is it again, Phallus Liquors?

Big Cock Tails. It isn't my fault you didn't meet the minimum length requirement to get past the front door!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              Is that stuff even any good?
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Which whiskey doesn't taste like ass. One of you jackoffs name that one for me. If I had to wager a guess, I'd guess its likely the most expensive one.

Comment

Working...
                                X