Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-company Christmas party drink

Comment

• The ORAU Museum of Radiation and Radioactivity chronicles the scientific and commercial history of radioactivity and radiation. It has been deemed the official repository for historical radiological instruments by the Health Physics Society, and is located at the Professional Training Programs (PTP) training facility in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.

"Frisky Whiskey" bottle produced by Poynter Products, Inc. of Cincinnati Ohio. The copyright date is 1963. Approximately eleven inches tall.

According to the label on the front of the bottle, it was produced by the fictitious Oak Ridge Distilling Company, aged by radiation and tested with a Geiger Counter. In reality, it is an empty plastic container with a battery powered motor inside that causes the bottle to shake violently when it is picked up. That's what the label is referring to when it states "you will note its 150 proof strength from the moment you pour." Since it comes empty, it is up to you to fill it with your favorite beverage.

Comment

• The good stuff

Comment

• Fuck you, man!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Binky View Post
            http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/m...skywhiskey.htm

"Frisky Whiskey" bottle produced by Poynter Products, Inc. of Cincinnati Ohio. The copyright date is 1963. Approximately eleven inches tall.

According to the label on the front of the bottle, it was produced by the fictitious Oak Ridge Distilling Company, aged by radiation and tested with a Geiger Counter. In reality, it is an empty plastic container with a battery powered motor inside that causes the bottle to shake violently when it is picked up. That's what the label is referring to when it states "you will note its 150 proof strength from the moment you pour." Since it comes empty, it is up to you to fill it with your favorite beverage.

Great, now I've got to go to find one of these on eBay or something.

Comment

• Wifey got me at least five bottles for Christmas (that I know about so far). Opened two today - I know at least two of the others are scotches. Shit fucking yes. She knows what I love

Will post the whole haul next week.

Comment

• ^^ Hows that bulleit? I saw it the other day was curious. I have been working on a bottle of makers mark 46. Pretty good imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                  ^^ Hows that bulleit? I saw it the other day was curious. I have been working on a bottle of makers mark 46. Pretty good imo.
                  These guys do good reviews:

Here too:
                  This website is for sale! redwhiteandbourbon.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, redwhiteandbourbon.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The "regular" Bulleit (6 yr) got a 8.4 (Very Good), and the 10 yr got an 8.7 (Excellent)

It's often compared to Buffalo Trace.

It's got some heat, too. As another reviewer said:
                  "The second you stop feeling a burn with Bulleit, that’s when you should stop drinking for the night."

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    Will post the whole haul next week.
                    We did a partial early Christmas today. I got some new friends to keep me company in the office.

TX
                    Basil Hayden's
                    Bulleit Rye
                    Bulleit 10 Yr
                    Dalmore 12
                    Dalwhinnie 15

Comment

Dalwhinnie 15
                      That's what my boss got me...interested to see how it tastes.

Comment

• Maker's 46 has rocked my fucking world as of late. Its delicious.
                        03 cobra

Comment

We did a partial early Christmas today. I got some new friends to keep me company in the office.

TX
                          Basil Hayden's
                          Bulleit Rye
                          Bulleit 10 Yr
                          Dalmore 12
                          Dalwhinnie 15

Had a buddy pick me up a .750 of Glenfiddich 15yo for a smooth $40.xx.

David

Comment

• Here's my little collection:

Left to Right:
                            Glenmorangie Lasanta (12 year, finished in a Sherry Cask)
                            Balvenie DoubleWood 12 year
                            Johnny Walker Black
                            Bulleit Rye
                            Stranahan's (Colorado Whiskey)
                            Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year (Pappy Jr.)
                            Unopened bottle of Garrison Brother's Early Release
                            Opened Garrison Brother's Early Release
                            Balcones Baby Blue
                            Makers Mark
                            Blanton's
                            Fireside Whiskey (Colorado Whiskey)
                            Balcones True Blue
                            Arkansas Crown Club (bought as a joke in Arkansas)
                            TX Whiskey
                            Crown Royal
                            Signed bottle of Herman Marshall Bourbon

Comment

• Went down to the lease and this going down too smooth

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
                              Attached Files

Comment

These guys do good reviews:

Here too:
                                This website is for sale! redwhiteandbourbon.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, redwhiteandbourbon.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The "regular" Bulleit (6 yr) got a 8.4 (Very Good), and the 10 yr got an 8.7 (Excellent)

It's often compared to Buffalo Trace.

It's got some heat, too. As another reviewer said:
                                "The second you stop feeling a burn with Bulleit, that’s when you should stop drinking for the night."
                                Sweet thanks! I'll check these out!

How do you like that tx? Seems a lot of guys like it, my have to grab myself a bottle of that also.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                                Here's my little collection:

Left to Right:
                                Glenmorangie Lasanta (12 year, finished in a Sherry Cask)
                                Balvenie DoubleWood 12 year
                                Johnny Walker Black
                                Bulleit Rye
                                Stranahan's (Colorado Whiskey)
                                Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year (Pappy Jr.)
                                Unopened bottle of Garrison Brother's Early Release
                                Opened Garrison Brother's Early Release
                                Balcones Baby Blue
                                Makers Mark
                                Blanton's
                                Fireside Whiskey (Colorado Whiskey)
                                Balcones True Blue
                                Arkansas Crown Club (bought as a joke in Arkansas)
                                TX Whiskey
                                Crown Royal
                                Signed bottle of Herman Marshall Bourbon

Nice setup!! I am looking to build a mini bar maybe in the spring time. I bought the wife a small wine fridge for Xmas want to incorporate it into the bar and add a few shelves for my whiskeys and our glasses. Maybe a small mini fridge also for coke an such.

Comment

Working...
                                X