Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
    Inferring that watering it down is a bitch move is proof positive that you don't actually enjoy it, and that you've been taught that it's supposed to be hard to drink and only manly men can get it down. Do yourself a favor and set that myth aside. If you're not here to actually enjoy the flavors it presents you're just drinking it so you can say you have XX-whisky/whiskey in your hand. That means it's attire, like the watch you select. Since faking the booze in your glass is easy, you should just drink something cheaper and "easier" to drink, and maybe get a little ginger ale in there for your tummy.
    Haha damn! Look at you getting all offended and fired up...blasting assumptions. The way you talk about tasting whisky is proof enough that youre actually in it for the hipster shit reasons. You go from me drinking it because its hard to me making it easy to drink? Then you say its attire for me? Lol give me a break dude...i drink scotch almost exclusively at home...i have no one to try and inpress with what i drink.

I can taste scotch just fine without bitching it up. I drink it just as ive been taught by my father and grandfather.

If you want to continue being a hipster bitch thats fine...but call a spade a spade and step off your high horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      Haha damn! Look at you getting all offended and fired up...blasting assumptions. The way you talk about tasting whisky is proof enough that youre actually in it for the hipster shit reasons. You go from me drinking it because its hard to me making it easy to drink? Then you say its attire for me? Lol give me a break dude...i drink scotch almost exclusively at home...i have no one to try and inpress with what i drink.

I can taste scotch just fine without bitching it up. I drink it just as ive been taught by my father and grandfather.

If you want to continue being a hipster bitch thats fine...but call a spade a spade and step off your high horse.
      well look at you.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'm not saying they all have to be watered down. I'm saying not watering some whiskies down is a disservice to them. Your citation of your father and grandfather teaching you how to drink the scotch speaks, yet again, to not only you having been taught incorrectly, but that enjoying the scotch is not the most important part of drinking the scotch. I'm also not the one getting defensive, but project what you like on the situation.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• water brings out flavor in whiskey

that's day 1 shit
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            water brings out flavor in whiskey

that's day 1 shit
            100% of this

Comment

• This reminds me of a time when I was in my mid 20s and thought I knew a lot about stuff.

Comment

• lmfao @ the direction this thread has gone.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  This reminds me of a time when I was in my mid 20s and thought I knew a lot about stuff.
                  This thread reminds me of a bunch of baby back bitches watering down good alcohol to converse with the floral notes in their trendy scotch.

Comment

This thread reminds me of a bunch of baby back bitches watering down good alcohol to converse with the floral notes in their trendy scotch.
                    you sure do get pissy when someone points out your "I know fucking everything" attitude.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      you sure do get pissy when someone points out your "I know fucking everything" attitude.
                      Who said im pissy? Shit talking and pissy arent the same

Comment

Who said im pissy? Shit talking and pissy arent the same
                        I did.

Comment

I assure you there's nothing floral or trendy about Ardbeg
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

There's a reason that, much like cigars, some whisky/whiskey and scotch isn't recommended for novice drinkers. Please don't take that statement to be me saying you're a novice drinker: more that you obviously have a novice palate. Again it's not an insult, it's just fact. Please follow me and read below.

In the cigar world, there's a lot of subtlety that can be brought out of a great smoke through a retrohale: blowing some of the smoke out the nose to help pick apart the finer notes of the tobacco. It amplifies the flavors and strengths of the cigar so much that, once I learned how to do it, it made me dislike some cigars I used to enjoy and appreciate some of the others I originally considered bland and boring.

Obviously, your palate hasn't progressed enough to be discerning or else you would know that a splash of distilled water isn't an insult... it's a very useful tool. If you are truly interested in drinking higher-end scotch you should consider using small amounts of room-temp distilled water from time-to-time. The shit isn't cheap for a reason, like aged Cuban cigars all those years of aging have let more flavors develop, existing flavors deepen and the complexities of the whisky intensify. Discounting using a very powerful tool to help taste what the Master Blender/Bottler wanted you to taste is almost insulting to their hard work. If you want to drink the 'good stuff' without water, more power to you... just understand that the aging and price-point are there for a reason & you're refusing to see why there's so much effort and cost put into what you're drinking.

Cheers!
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• in before "I drink expensive shit!"

Comment

• fwiw, i dont have a conversation with my glass of whiskey either LOL.

i dont drink scotch though either, yuck!

edit: i know what yale means though, i just dont get into it like that. ive seen the richard patterson vids, that guy is a hoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X