• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in. I'll pick one up today.

Thanks for the recommend Matt.

David

Comment

• Lol. If you guys hate it I'm going to feel like an asshole... with bad taste.

Comment

• I'll see if they have it in my neck of the woods. Have you tried the Rebecca creek, tx blended? It's out of san antonio and isn't bad for a blended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          I'll see if they have it in my neck of the woods. Have you tried the Rebecca creek, tx blended? It's out of san antonio and isn't bad for a blended.
          I've gone through two bottles of it. Not bad and it doesn't hurt that they are somewhat local.

Comment

• Yeah, I put down 4-5 bottles of it when I was in Austin, it was reasonably priced and good for a mixer whiskey

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              I'll see if they have it in my neck of the woods. Have you tried the Rebecca creek, tx blended? It's out of san antonio and isn't bad for a blended.
              Was that the one I tried that was a little young, with a bit of mash flavor to it?

Comment

• no that was the Garrison Brothers, one of the first real Texas distilled from scratch whiskeys around

Comment

• Ah.

I'll sample this new stuff tonight. I had already started on the Jager last night, so trying a new whiskey was out of the question.

Comment

• Interesting.

I liked the nose, as it brought about a lot of notes.
                    The start is good. I'm not sure what I think about the finish, but I did just finish some cake and ice cream.

I'll have to give it some more time.

I get the notion there is a rye whiskey blended in there.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Lol. If you guys hate it I'm going to feel like an asshole... with bad taste.
                        lol

Went to get a bottle at Fossil Creek where I shop but they were out. Said they sell out within hours of getting the "two" cases (6 bottles each). They get a new shipment on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Will call first tomorrow.

David

Comment

• Whisky Advent Calendar

How better to celebrate the upcoming holiday than by a sampling of booze? The Whisky Advent Calendar ($245) is just the traditional advent calendar you've come to know, only behind each of the 24 doors lies a different 3cl sample of whisky. For added fun, one of the doors contains a sample of 50 year old single malt Scotch, a full bottle of which would run you over $550. Happy holidays indeed.

Comment

• This year's batch has been released. It was a smaller batch than last year and my local liquor guy had to pull some strings to get me two bottles.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352318242.306483.jpg

George T. Stagg Bourbon (142.8 proof / 71.4% ABV, 17 year old whisky) is more chocolatey in the nose than in years past. The dark chocolate notes are joined by marzipan, vanilla, cinnamon, and, of course, oak. It’s high proof so the strong alcohol vapors are there, but a little less agressive than the 2011. The entry of George T. Stagg is a flavor explosion, delivering flavor moments before it his your mouth without stopping until long after it’s finished. Oak spice leads things off but quickly steps aside for sweet vanilla/caramel, toasted pecan, and dark chocolate. Heat and spice really begin to take off as Stagg’s signature punch hits at the end of the midpalate and carries it through a long and spicy sweet finish that brings together oak spice, a bit of bitter dark chocolate, and sweet caramel. The mouth feel of George T. Stagg is exquisite and this year’s release leaves a thick chocolate caramel note on the palate in the finish. The 2012 George T. Stagg does benefit from adding a couple of drops of water into it. Things open a bit in the midpalate and the dark chocolate notes intensify. We don’t recommend using ice with George T. Stagg as part of the whole point of this whiskey is to experience liquid fireworks, but if you do, be sure to use an iceball or other hard packed piece of ice.

Comment

• $3.65 for 5 liters

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
                                $3.65 for 5 liters
                                []
                                Lmfao. It has color so I'm assumings it's been aged (???)

Is it any good?

Comment

Working...
                                X