Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever been asked for your Social Security number during a traffic stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever been asked for your Social Security number during a traffic stop?

Got pulled over on the 22nd in B.F.E. Parker County on my way home from Mikes Trickshift getting my new turbo converter. Before anyone jumps my case, I was guilty, it was one of those long country roads that feels like it should have a 60-65mph speed limit when in fact it is 45mph.

Got a ticket for 64 in a 45. He was in a Tahoe with no exterior lights (just in the dash/grille), he was coming the opposite direction and I was in the Cobra, by the time I saw him he was pulled into a drive ready to pull out behind me. He followed me (right on my tail) for 2-3 miles (all the while I was doing 50-55mph thinking that was probably the speed limit LOL), then finally he hit the lights and I pulled off the road.

The stop went as expected, not a lot of chit chat, just business. He took my D.L. back to his car, returns and ask for my phone number and my social security number. Not sure why, but I just spouted it out to him (been a while since I've gotten a ticket and was in a hurry to get to the shop.

After I rolled out I got to thinking about it, and wondering WTF he needed my social for and even more WTF did I give it to him.

I had all the right paperwork, D.L., insurance, cars tags/inspection were good, wasn't going 25+mph over, wasn't doing some insane speed. I do think he tried to get me for not mentioning my CHL by telling me he saw I had a CHL and asked if I had a weapon with me (which I didn't). Otherwise it was normal (sans the S.S. question).

Anyone else had this happen?

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    Got pulled over on the 22nd in B.F.E. Parker County on my way home from Mikes Trickshift getting my new turbo converter. Before anyone jumps my case, I was guilty, it was one of those long country roads that feels like it should have a 60-65mph speed limit when in fact it is 45mph.

Got a ticket for 64 in a 45. He was in a Tahoe with no exterior lights (just in the dash/grille), he was coming the opposite direction and I was in the Cobra, by the time I saw him he was pulled into a drive ready to pull out behind me. He followed me (right on my tail) for 2-3 miles (all the while I was doing 50-55mph thinking that was probably the speed limit LOL), then finally he hit the lights and I pulled off the road.

The stop went as expected, not a lot of chit chat, just business. He took my D.L. back to his car, returns and ask for my phone number and my social security number. Not sure why, but I just spouted it out to him (been a while since I've gotten a ticket and was in a hurry to get to the shop.

After I rolled out I got to thinking about it, and wondering WTF he needed my social for and even more WTF did I give it to him.

I had all the right paperwork, D.L., insurance, cars tags/inspection were good, wasn't going 25+mph over, wasn't doing some insane speed. I do think he tried to get me for not mentioning my CHL by telling me he saw I had a CHL and asked if I had a weapon with me (which I didn't). Otherwise it was normal (sans the S.S. question).

Anyone else had this happen?
    Don't legally need to give it.

They can ask for anything they want.
    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Nope, I'm a blonde headed white dude though, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
        Don't legally need to give it.

They can ask for anything they want.
        Ya, guess I am just a moron for giving it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          Nope, I'm a blonde headed white dude though, lol.
          I am a clean cut white guy, with insurance, a job, a good attitude, etc. I am telling you, I really don't know what the guy was thinking. He just had my record pulled up, clean as a whistle, never even had a speeding ticket hit it.

Comment

Well that's odd. Unless he's stopped some illegals in the area, I don't know why he would ask. It has nothing to do with operating a motor vehicle. I would've been the "bad guy" and asked why he needed it. But, I'm also a hardened criminal posing as an honest citizen.

Comment

As I think about it a little.... I believe I would just say "I don't know what it is..." and play dumb.

mardyn

Comment

I'd tell him to go get fucked and to call his supervisor onsite so that I don't have to.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Ya, pretty much everyone I've told has given me the "I would have...", and to be honest it just didn't cross my mind in the moment, I was just in the, "give me the ticket and let me get back to my day" mentality.

Comment

Not sure if it's still done, but there are some states that would use a social security number as a DL number.

Comment

I'd ask him what his social security number is.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Should have offered to text it to him!
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Could be a warrant for someone with the same name. Only thing I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            Could be a warrant for someone with the same name. Only thing I can think of.
                            I doubt there's too many people in the Dallas area named dville
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

A real dfwmustanger would have berated him for violating his rights, questioned his sexual preference, given him a 3 Stooges eye poke, and bounced baller style sans front license plate.

Comment

Working...
                              X