American announces 13,000 job cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    Am I the only one that does not like seeing mechanics being the biggest chunk being cut?
    It sucks. Aviation is not what it used to be anymore. All of our jobs our getting outsourced. It's sad.

Comment

I would have to say the same about Tulsa. My last day in hangar 5 was last week. Heading to fedex.
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        I think Jody means by definition. Why are you arguing with a finance guy?
        Finance, schminance.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

AFW is being shut down! This is a total shock. We bought the Delta hanger at DFW airport some years back and thought that that facility would go first!

Alliance--- shit, that is a lot of people to transfer. A lot of them will not make it. As for us pilots--rumor has it that 500 layoffs with work productivity concessions to follow!

WOW what a cheerful day(sarcasm)! I just want to see some of the god dam smug management that get the fucking big PUP payouts get what they deserve!

It is always the employees that share the financial burden of upper and middle managements screw ups!

I need a big bottle of scotch!

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
            I would have to say the same about Tulsa. My last day in hangar 5 was last week. Heading to fedex.
            Congrats! I've been trying to get on with Boeing for a few months now.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
              AFW is being shut down! This is a total shock. We bought the Delta hanger at DFW airport some years back and thought that that facility would go first!

Alliance--- shit, that is a lot of people to transfer. A lot of them will not make it. As for us pilots--rumor has it that 500 layoffs with work productivity concessions to follow!

WOW what a cheerful day(sarcasm)! I just want to see some of the god dam smug management that get the fucking big PUP payouts get what they deserve!

It is always the employees that share the financial burden of upper and middle managements screw ups!

They may just red circle afw and not allow transfers.

Comment

Comment

Because it's WRECKABLE, all right? I took another look at it and I changed my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    But Obama says things are looking better and that the recession is over.
                    lol @ blaming obama for amr's failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                      lol @ blaming obama for amr's failure.
                      I blame Canada

Comment

Well, American Airlines just announced it's proposal. This will be getting a no vote from me. What a kick in the dick. Well time to start looking for a new job. Sigh.

Comment

wow, sucks, but i would avoid that industry unless it was Southwest

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                            wow, sucks, but i would avoid that industry unless it was Southwest
                            southwest is probably next. It's a sad time for aviation. I'm going to try and get on with a company that at least will pay for my tuition to go back to school. My last job had that and I was stupid not to take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                              southwest is probably next. It's a sad time for aviation. I'm going to try and get on with a company that at least will pay for my tuition to go back to school. My last job had that and I was stupid not to take advantage of it.
                              What do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post

Are you a AMR pilot?
                                Originally posted by Buzzo
                                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X