• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    What do you do?
    Aircraft mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      wow, sucks, but i would avoid that industry unless it was Southwest
      I think the freighters and some international carriers are safe.
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
        southwest is probably next. It's a sad time for aviation. I'm going to try and get on with a company that at least will pay for my tuition to go back to school. My last job had that and I was stupid not to take advantage of it.
        Why would you say that Southwest is next? They aren't even close to being the kind of trouble AA is in..

Comment

amr is bankrupt this is to be expected. the unions high fuel and piss poor management ran it into the ground. all you need to know tomorrow is dexo

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
            Are you a AMR pilot?
            Yes- MD-80

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
              Yes- MD-80
              Did you get a proposal yesterday?

Comment

so for all of those currently retired and receiving pensions, are they just SOL if they pensions go away? or does it mainly impact current/future employees

alliance is going to be losing a few companies over the next few years

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                  so for all of those currently retired and receiving pensions, are they just SOL if they pensions go away? or does it mainly impact current/future employees

alliance is going to be losing a few companies over the next few years
                  Generally if a private pension plan goes under, those currently receiving benefits continue to do so coutesy of insurance premiums paid by employers to the Federal government's PBGC.
                  Last edited by The King; 02-02-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                    Did you get a proposal yesterday?
                    Yes we(APA pilots union at AA) received the "wish list" management wants to implement. It is like a 35 to 40 year step back in time on work rules benefits etc.....

Still a little early to tell how much of the garbage the company will throw out and how much they are willing to negotiate!

51 days and have to have an "agreed to" contract or the judge will step in. I am optimistically guarded that we can get this done in 51 days.

Comment

[QUOTE=likeitfast55;576542]Yes we(APA pilots union at AA) received the "wish list" management wants to implement. It is like a 35 to 40 year step back in time on work rules benefits etc.....

Yeah, one hell of a "WISH" list.. I do believe their hoping that we vote the proposal they come back with down, so it gets turned over to the Judge for a final ruling...
                      Understand they walked over 200 out of the Admin yesterday. All non-union/non mgmt people. Considering how they padded the mgmt sector the past 5 years, any cuts will be a moot point.
                      I tell my friends I don't work for American, I work for Ringling Brothers. Every day I see a 3 ring circus.
                      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Working...
                      X