No announcement yet.

I just got some really bad news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard this morning that his family found medication for treating bi-polar disorder in his house. A full prescription that hadn't been used but that was filled some months ago. They called his doctor and he told them that he had been diagnosed as bi-polar two years ago, and apparently had kept it a secret and had not been taking his meds.

I'm still not sure how he did it, or why as I don't think they found a note. I'm not even sure I want or need to know how and why. It's all the things everyone else has said. I feel angry, frustrated, and depressed. This fucking sucks. I've been meaning to go and visit for the last few years but never had the time or money to make it up there. The last time I saw him was 13 years ago, and I will never forget him.

Let this serve as a reminder for those who have friends or family they have been meaning to visit. If you don't make time to see them you may never have another opportunity. Thank you all for your kind words.

Comment

Damn, man. Condolences.

We had a family friend commit suicide. He left a journal behind which told he premeditated it for a while long time. He was always the happy on the outside person but the dark side of himself was so buried. Quite sad.

It pains me that people can't get over the small humps in life and realize everything does right itself if you change your attitude. Just gotta hang in there.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        I heard this morning that his family found medication for treating bi-polar disorder in his house. A full prescription that hadn't been used but that was filled some months ago. They called his doctor and he told them that he had been diagnosed as bi-polar two years ago, and apparently had kept it a secret and had not been taking his meds.

I'm still not sure how he did it, or why as I don't think they found a note. I'm not even sure I want or need to know how and why. It's all the things everyone else has said. I feel angry, frustrated, and depressed. This fucking sucks. I've been meaning to go and visit for the last few years but never had the time or money to make it up there. The last time I saw him was 13 years ago, and I will never forget him.

Let this serve as a reminder for those who have friends or family they have been meaning to visit. If you don't make time to see them you may never have another opportunity. Thank you all for your kind words.
        That is terrible. Having grown with with a bipolar father, I understand some of what he was dealing with. Part of the disorder makes them the least likely to take medication, especially when they are manic. You are 100% correct in that we should make sure your family and friends know what they mean to us. None of us can go back in time, and regrets play hell on those left behind. Good luck, and our prayers and good wishes to you and your family.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Sorry to hear man.

Comment

sad news man, sorry for your loss. I have stopped a few attempts by friends over the years and now they are doing very well. So it DOES get better with time.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
              Damn, man. Condolences.

We had a family friend commit suicide. He left a journal behind which told he premeditated it for a while long time. He was always the happy on the outside person but the dark side of himself was so buried. Quite sad.

It pains me that people can't get over the small humps in life and realize everything does right itself if you change your attitude. Just gotta hang in there.
              My friend did the same thing. His journal was full of poetry/song lyrics he wrote, but was very dark and some suicidal.

Comment

Working...
              X