Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post

Where'd you move to?

I have a feeling I'm gonna look like an ass because I have a vagueish memory of a member here moving to the PNW, just can't recall who atm. I'm old
    I live in MS now. I will be in DFW in two weeks for work though. My boss and HQ office is still there.

I hear what Rick is getting at too. As you get older you realize time with family is more valuable than money spent on said family. I now view my job I’m terms of flexibility and pay per hour not total
    pay. In that light, I have it pretty good. I did buy a new Subaru so I can do stock class rallycross again. That seems more fun than trying to have a race car given how far away I am from the places I need to get to for rallycross.

I’m probably just going to turbocharge my Miata now too since I’m getting older and that’s way less involved than a V8 swap. I prefer to just drive my stuff now and work on it less. Funny now that I have funds to do stupid stuff, I’d rather do other things. Life changes.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post

I would not say I'm miserable at all! My youngest kid who is the most active in sports is actually really good at it. To the point where I now feel kinda shitty for not letting him pursue it earlier in life when he said he wanted to cause I didn't think of myself as a soccer dad... and the wife hated the idea of being a soccer mom. Sure it's not cheap, but if it makes him happy and he's good at it and wants to do it I'll pay for it, I don't see it as a waste of money if it makes him happy.
      Re-reading my post it sounded very pessimistic, we still paid and went to almost every event the kids had, just looking back it seems like a waste of money, especially if you have to travel and do all of these tournaments during off season. Hey of it makes you happy, sped that cash!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Re-reading my post it sounded very pessimistic, we still paid and went to almost every event the kids had, just looking back it seems like a waste of money, especially if you have to travel and do all of these tournaments during off season. Hey of it makes you happy, sped that cash!
        That's kind of the key issue. Who wants it most the kid or the parents? That's why I always ask kiddo if she is having fun and did her best. As long as she says yes to those I'm all in. Here traveling is sometimes farther but it's not as often as in DFW and sports are a bit more laid back here.

Comment

The money I've spent on the kid while making life difficult for me and the wife, was money well spent. The kid is a solid human, who has work ethic and a fire inside to succeed that I'm 100% sure came from such a high level of competition. She's a 5ft chihuahua in a sport built for 6ft great danes. she's worked twice as hard as the tall girls to keep up with them. she's literally been the shortest girl on every team she's been on and has worked her way into being a leader of each of those teams. and selfishly, all the trips together have locked in a parent child relationship that I wouldn't have traded for any amount of money. Ya it sucks being broke, but this season is her last season, and as long as I don't loose my job any time soon, once it's over we will recover. Also I'll be a 42yo empty nester when she goes off to school. meaning, I still have a good bit of life to enjoy before I'm to old to do shit. I know people my age having their first kid and I think those people are fucking nuts. lol

Comment

Working...
          X