This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
    Actually there were 3 cruisers, all SUV.
    And no one stayed to do an impound? Bullshit again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
      And no one stayed to do an impound? Bullshit again.
      Ok, obviously you were NOT there soooooo, your just gonna have to pretend.
      Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Ok, obviously you were NOT there soooooo, your just gonna have to pretend.
        I don't have to be there. Sounds like you're doing enough pretending for us.

Comment

Good ole Plano, Tejas!
          He thought your name was Henry!

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            I'd have refused the sobriety test. Take me in if you must, but I'm not giving you a case on a silver platter.

That "he should have left you on the side of the highway?" stuff is a chicken shit move. Stop hiding behind your badges. The OP did nothing wrong. It's not illegal to let your friend drive drunk. It's not illegal to get in the car with someone who is drunk. That's a moral/ethical thing, which CAN NOT be enforced by law. Say what you will about his character, but he did nothing wrong legally.

JBTs!
            It kills me when an officer performs a SFST that was meant to identify an impaired driver and has NOTHING to do with determining PI.

There is no statutory requriement for PI. It is based solely on officer's opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              There is no statutory requriement for PI. It is based solely on officer's opinion.
              While I'm sure most of the time, the popo will be honest, but I'm sure plenty of people have been wrongfully arrested in that situation. If no field test or breath/blood test was given and somebody wanted to fight it, how well would the officers word hold up in court?
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                It kills me when an officer performs a SFST that was meant to identify an impaired driver and has NOTHING to do with determining PI.

That's why I think there was a ton of bull shit added to the story. Well, since you're back, I can toss it into your court. I gave this shit up long ago.

Comment

That's why I think there was a ton of bull shit added to the story. Well, since you're back, I can toss it into your court. I gave this shit up long ago.
                  I honestly would rather here from tru anyway, he is currently still an officer. Let me also add, my in the hell would I lie about anything on here? This thread was started so I could get some facts hopefully from some helpful officers that have had experience with this situation, and to find out how to avoid trouble if someone has to deal with something like this.

Comment

I honestly would rather here from tru anyway, he is currently still an officer. Let me also add, my in the hell would I lie about anything on here? This thread was started so I could get some facts hopefully from some helpful officers that have had experience with this situation, and to find out how to avoid trouble if someone has to deal with something like this.
                    How the hell would I know why you would lie? Maybe because you started looking like an idiot and added extras so it doesn't sound like you were as much of an idiot as you actually are. Who knows? Much of what you said in your story doesn't add up, sounds fabricated or the officers just had a special way of doing a routine thing different just this one time.

You wouldn't honestly rather here from tru because he would have told you the same thing I did and you'd STILL get your panties in a wad. Go ahead... try him.

Comment

How the hell would I know why you would lie? Maybe because you started looking like an idiot and added extras so it doesn't sound like you were as much of an idiot as you actually are. Who knows? Much of what you said in your story doesn't add up, sounds fabricated or the officers just had a special way of doing a routine thing different just this one time.

You wouldn't honestly rather here from tru because he would have told you the same thing I did and you'd STILL get your panties in a wad. Go ahead... try him.
                      LMFAO Dude you are the only one getting bent out of shape about anything. I would not mind at all if he told me the same thing as you, however if he started saying I was lying and adding things to my story well I would have to talk shit to him too! I'm a grown man with nothing to hide...hince the reason I started a thread on the internet about my problem. You're a joke with your negative comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                        While I'm sure most of the time, the popo will be honest, but I'm sure plenty of people have been wrongfully arrested in that situation. If no field test or breath/blood test was given and somebody wanted to fight it, how well would the officers word hold up in court?
                        Man, in 18+ years, I've NEVER went to court over a PI. I haven't done that many, but the ones I've done needed to be done. Drunks talk a lot of shit. I'd rather them talk shit to their friends/loved ones than have to take my resources. I pass them off to a responsible/sober adult every chance I get.

Comment

LMFAO Dude you are the only one getting bent out of shape about anything. I would not mind at all if he told me the same thing as you, however if he started saying I was lying and adding things to my story well I would have to talk shit to him too! I'm a grown man with nothing to hide...hince the reason I started a thread on the internet about my problem. You're a joke with your negative comments.
                          Bent out of shape? Bro, I've been fully entertained by this whole thing and you thinking the cop was in the wrong for doing his job.

Comment

I'm not thinking about generating money while effecting a traffic stop.

Once again, cabbie goes to jail, cab impounded for safe keeping (or maybe I let him call dispatch to get someone to pick it up), the passenger was obviously trying to do the right thing by getting a cab, so I would try to get the cab company to bring a SOBER driver for him, if time allowed.

It is called officer's discretion. I hope you're not ignorant as you're letting on.
                            No you aren't thinking about generating money, but your boss and their bosses are. That's the problem. The higher up you go the more it's about money.

And if you aren't generating enough money you'll end up unemployed. That's what officers like to call "production" which is why you get to maintain records on how "productive" you are.

Then some bean counter you'll never meet reviews your "production" and gets back to your bosses boss.... and that guy gets back to your boss and so on.

It's just reality.

Comment

Actually there were 3 cruisers, all SUV.
                              was the drunk being a dick? which city was this in? and them not towing the car is extremely odd... are you sure that they didn't tow it after yall left? thats an easy way to get the car broken into and the department in a lot of trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                                was the drunk being a dick? which city was this in? and them not towing the car is extremely odd... are you sure that they didn't tow it after yall left? thats an easy way to get the car broken into and the department in a lot of trouble.
                                Yes he was being a complete ass to the AO, it really pissed me off, I told my buddy to fuck off since he was acting like that, and with him knowing I myself am trying to become a part of the force too just made me even more upset. This was in Plano once again, and I am positive they didn't tow it.

Comment

Working...
                                X