X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Ya, you're shallow enough to know your take without a response. LOL
    LOL I do have respect for officers that do their job and have a heart too. I was friends with most of the officers in my home town and know what they typically do in those situations. Officers in larger cities typically dont give a shit and do everything by the book and make more revenue for that city, which is BS. Dont ticket for a profit, ticket because someone is doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      I agree he was not smart in letting his friend drive. Yea, it could have been worse, they could have killed someone. But that isn't the circumstance here. They were stopped, the driver was drunk, the OP was harming no one. The officer didn't have to take him in just because he felt he was intoxicated. He could have been a human about it and let him get a ride home.

This is why I couldn't be an officer I guess.
      Yep... cover your ass, cover the city's ass, cover the person's ass, cover the public's ass, and cover your ass again.

Comment

Just get drunk at home or at a friends house and stay there. This logic is not that hard.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
          Yes since we were in a neighborhood when we got stopped, I didn't see the danger i was posing at all, and like I said I wasn't drunk. I had about 8 or 9 beers from 7:30 PM - 2:30 AM, I'm 6'3" 200 lbs, wanna tell me I was drunk?
          Regardless of what you weigh or how tall you are it was not up to you to make that decision. And to say you guys were driving in a neighborhood and got pulled over does not make it any better.

Look at this way it could have been worse!
          And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

Yep... cover your ass, cover the city's ass, cover the person's ass, cover the public's ass, and cover your ass again.
            I understand all that. But I guess I have too big of a heart to take a guy in for something that can be resolved by a simple phone call.

On that note, my cousin has been pulled over multiple times driving while intoxicated, and more than once the officer had him call for a ride. That does show that some guys don't learn until they actually deal with the consequence of jail and fines.

Comment

...As for the passenger, there was a noticable presence of alcohol about his breath and person. He was evaluated by questioning with slurred speech, delayed reaction and unstable mobility skills. He was taken into custody for public intoxication as the arresting officer considered him a potential hazard to himself and the public.
              Let me also ask you this, if I was intoxicated, why would they put me in a cell with numerous other criminals? I thought I was being arrested because I was a danger? Don't they have a drunk tank in jail???
              Wanna see my care face???

Comment

I understand all that. But I guess I have too big of a heart to take a guy in for something that can be resolved by a simple phone call.

On that note, my cousin has been pulled over multiple times driving while intoxicated, and more than once the officer had him call for a ride. That does show that some guys don't learn until they actually deal with the consequence of jail and fines.
                Its hard not to be jaded against everyone when you deal with scum (for the most part) every day when youre at work. Ask me how I know.

Comment

I'd have refused the sobriety test. Take me in if you must, but I'm not giving you a case on a silver platter.

That "he should have left you on the side of the highway?" stuff is a chicken shit move. Stop hiding behind your badges. The OP did nothing wrong. It's not illegal to let your friend drive drunk. It's not illegal to get in the car with someone who is drunk. That's a moral/ethical thing, which CAN NOT be enforced by law. Say what you will about his character, but he did nothing wrong legally.

JBTs!
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Let me also ask you this, if I was intoxicated, why would they put me in a cell with numerous other criminals? I thought I was being arrested because I was a danger? Don't they have a drunk tank in jail???
                    I'm not familiar with Plano's facilities, but I'm sure it is set up so you are under some official supervision.

Comment

Did you get turned out or something?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        Its hard not to be jaded against everyone when you deal with scum (for the most part) every day when youre at work. Ask me how I know.
                        And complacency becomes a bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                          Just get drunk at home or at a friends house and stay there. This logic is not that hard.
                          Some people like to be social, and don't want to sit holed up in a house drinking. This logic is not that hard.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                            Did you get turned out or something?

Comment

Why not take him with him to the jail, but not actually arrest him. Let him get to the station to call a ride?
                              Lol, or why not take him to jail but not arrest him, take him on a tour of the jail, then give him a ride home and buy him Whataburger on the way...
                              Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

That is exactly what the officer told me, I said "cmon man be real, obviously I'm not impaired"
                                How was he able to determine if I was impaired or not? I know for a fucking fact I was not
                                I wasn't about to drive, I know better.
                                and like I said I wasn't drunk. I had about 8 or 9 beers from 7:30 PM - 2:30 AM, I'm 6'3" 200 lbs, wanna tell me I was drunk?
                                I made a mistake by riding with someone that had been drinking, but it was my only ride. Long story short my buddy got pulled over, and taken in for DWI. After the officer was done with my friend he came to me and asked me to step out of the car, I told him I thought it would be better if I didn't since I had a few drinks that night as well.

So which was it? You were not impaired, but too impaired to drive and too impaired to get out of the vehicle. You can't have it both ways.

You were not drunk but chose to let a buddy drive drunk and rode with him so judgement was either impaired or stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X