X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
    Did you get turned out or something?
    LOL no, but it would have been funny to see someone try since I was much larger then everyone I was with.
    Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Denny, and the rest of you sticking up for the cocksucking cop, consider this....

Guy gets drunk at a bar. Calls a cab. Cabbie shows up, and you're on your way home. Cabbie gets stopped for pulling a California roll, not using a blinker, etc. Turns out cabbie is drunk. Cop can AND WILL then take in the passenger, who did the responsible thing by not driving? Horseshit.

We all know DWI has nothing to do with the safety of the public. It's all about money. Period. If you really believe that, you're more ignorant than you let on.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by jwalk View Post
        So which was it? You were not impaired, but too impaired to drive and too impaired to get out of the vehicle. You can't have it both ways.

You were not drunk but chose to let a buddy drive drunk and rode with him so judgement was either impaired or stupid.
        I had drinks, and was not going to drive from Oak Cliff back to Allen. I have heard of people being arrested even though they were not impaired, and this happens as soon as they step out of the vehicle. I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I have a intuition about things, and when he asked me to step out, all kind of alarms were going off in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Denny, and the rest of you sticking up for the cocksucking cop, consider this....

Guy gets drunk at a bar. Calls a cab. Cabbie shows up, and you're on your way home. Cabbie gets stopped for pulling a California roll, not using a blinker, etc. Turns out cabbie is drunk. Cop can AND WILL then take in the passenger, who did the responsible thing by not driving? Horseshit.

We all know DWI has nothing to do with the safety of the public. It's all about money. Period. If you really believe that, you're more ignorant than you let on.
          I some what agree with you, however some people should not be behind the wheel after drinking. I would flip out if I was in a cab and that went down!

Comment

i'm with brent. speaking of drinking and driving. i think matt, possibly tony and i are grabbing a couple of drinks this eve. roll out!

god bless.
            Last edited by ELVIS; 12-14-2010, 02:22 PM.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm not thinking about generating money while effecting a traffic stop.

Once again, cabbie goes to jail, cab impounded for safe keeping (or maybe I let him call dispatch to get someone to pick it up), the passenger was obviously trying to do the right thing by getting a cab, so I would try to get the cab company to bring a SOBER driver for him, if time allowed.

It is called officer's discretion. I hope you're not ignorant as you're letting on.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                I some what agree with you, however some people should not be behind the wheel after drinking. I would flip out if I was in a cab and that went down!
                So who should and should not be behind the wheel after drinking?
                And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

I had drinks, and was not going to drive from Oak Cliff back to Allen. I have heard of people being arrested even though they were not impaired, and this happens as soon as they step out of the vehicle. I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I have a intuition about things, and when he asked me to step out, all kind of alarms were going off in my head.
                  You weren't about to let him field test you, you knew you might fail. Since a PI is officer discretion, you gave him a huge piece of information to base his decision on.

If I was a cop, I'd arrest you in this instance. You said you're not gonna pass a breathalyzer so you can't drive. I'm not leaving your ass on the side of the road.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    It is called officer's discretion. I hope you're not ignorant as you're letting on.
                    I know you aren't thinking about generating money while effecting a traffic stop. You're thinking about your promotion.

It's a nearly identical situation. I'm not trained in the ways of spotting drunks. It's not my place to judge how inebriated someone else is. Obviously, I'm not going to get in the car with someone that can't speak without slurring, can't stand up straight, etc. That said, I only know MY limits. I don't know your limits, or anyone else's. I normally don't keep track of how much someone else has had to drink, either.

Sadly, I used to make a habit of driving drunk. I'm lucky to have never hurt anyone. I've matured, grown up, and no longer drive drunk. It's getting to the point where I won't even drive after one drink, even if it has been an hour+ since. I don't want the hassle, can't afford the racket that DWIs have become, and would like to avoid them all together. So, I either drink at home, or call a cab, or hitch a ride with someone. To find myself in a situation like this would piss me the fuck off.

Say what you want, Denny. We all know it's about money and nothing else. You know it, I know it, lawmakers know it. You just won't be honest with yourself and admit it. It's a racket. Pure and simple. A way to generate a fuckload of revenue. If it was really about safety, first offense would be a felony, mandatory lifelong loss of license, etc. Punishment would be a LOT more stiff than it is now. But it's not. Hell, I know someone with FIVE fucking DWI's, and still roaming the streets. But yeah. It's all about safety. I've got some ocean front property in AZ, too.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondock Saint View Post
                      So who should and should not be behind the wheel after drinking?
                      Well let me put it this way, being in Oak Cliff at 2:30 AM after loading all of my friends music equipment into his car and no one else around to give me a ride, I vote my friend to drive! End of story, besides even if I had decided to drive, I wouldn't have known how the hell to get back to the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        I'm not thinking about generating money while effecting a traffic stop.

Once again, cabbie goes to jail, cab impounded for safe keeping (or maybe I let him call dispatch to get someone to pick it up), the passenger was obviously trying to do the right thing by getting a cab, so I would try to get the cab company to bring a SOBER driver for him, if time allowed.

Cops really aren't that busy most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          You weren't about to let him field test you, you knew you might fail. Since a PI is officer discretion, you gave him a huge piece of information to base his decision on.

If I was a cop, I'd arrest you in this instance. You said you're not gonna pass a breathalyzer so you can't drive. I'm not leaving your ass on the side of the road.
                          I would have gladly submitted to a breathalyzer! He was wanting to to that pen and flashlight test. I was compleatly coheariant, I just don't understand why this happend.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                            Cops really aren't that busy most of the time.
                            If you are arresting someone for DWI, you are going to be busy for a while. I hated doing them. So much paper work involved with so little penalty. You can steal $50.00 worth of shit from walmart and be convicted of a class b misdemeanor. The same penalty class as a first time DWI.

Comment

Well let me put it this way, being in Oak Cliff at 2:30 AM after loading all of my friends music equipment into his car and no one else around to give me a ride, I vote my friend to drive! End of story, besides even if I had decided to drive, I wouldn't have known how the hell to get back to the highway.
                              You could have called a cab? LOL

All joking aside! yes it sucked what happened! believe me I have been in your situation. have I ever been arrested NO. Just be glad you and your freind didn't end up in with toe tags.
                              And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

I know you aren't thinking about generating money while effecting a traffic stop. You're thinking about your promotion.

It's a nearly identical situation. I'm not trained in the ways of spotting drunks. It's not my place to judge how inebriated someone else is. Obviously, I'm not going to get in the car with someone that can't speak without slurring, can't stand up straight, etc. That said, I only know MY limits. I don't know your limits, or anyone else's. I normally don't keep track of how much someone else has had to drink, either.

Sadly, I used to make a habit of driving drunk. I'm lucky to have never hurt anyone. I've matured, grown up, and no longer drive drunk. It's getting to the point where I won't even drive after one drink, even if it has been an hour+ since. I don't want the hassle, can't afford the racket that DWIs have become, and would like to avoid them all together. So, I either drink at home, or call a cab, or hitch a ride with someone. To find myself in a situation like this would piss me the fuck off.

Say what you want, Denny. We all know it's about money and nothing else. You know it, I know it, lawmakers know it. You just won't be honest with yourself and admit it. It's a racket. Pure and simple. A way to generate a fuckload of revenue. If it was really about safety, first offense would be a felony, mandatory lifelong loss of license, etc. Punishment would be a LOT more stiff than it is now. But it's not. Hell, I know someone with FIVE fucking DWI's, and still roaming the streets. But yeah. It's all about safety. I've got some ocean front property in AZ, too.
                                Absolutely not. My promotions are based on my merits and leadership abilities, not the number of wabblies I bring in. DWI's are such a hassle. The only person who knew me while I was in the PD here was Danny. You can ask him what one of the many reasons I left was. They would rather each and every cop sit up on top of the hill with the radar gun pointed down range, busting anyone going 10 or more over.

They laughed at my drug program for the school, thought that follow-up investigations were a waste of time, and other proactive crime detouring measures did not have the same priority as making that dollar. So before you pass judgment on this CIVILIAN, you better figure out why he's a civilian. go back and reread all my posts on this thread. There is a lot of information on here that the OP and others posted and I gave it from a professional's view. Like it or not, it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X