This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
    The "legal limit" that you have in your mind is the .08 bac. You can be intoxicated without being .08.
    so i can be taken in for dwi even if under the "legal limit?"

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      Yes, just like you can be arrested for being over, yet completely "non-drunk looking."

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Trust me. There is a lot to be refined, but it is too big for me at any level position I've held. It's more about personality, rather than what is written into law.

Unfortunately, I would never be able to hold an official position to make some necessary changes.

I can agree with that. I came home from work one day to find my wife had hired a locksmith to get in, and was walking out with some of my things. I got irate, she called the cops. One cop was cool, the other was a complete prick. Walked up and asking what was going on. So I tried to tell him. He kept interrupting, wouldn't let mr finish a sentence, etc. I had broken no laws. I had no reason for him to treat me like he did. So, I, intentionally started cutting him off, interrupting, walk off when he was mid sentence, etc. Just showed him the same lack of respect he showed me. He started threatening to take me to jail, an I laughed in his face and pulled my cell out to call my attorney while he was trying to talk.

The other cop actually smiled and giggled a few times, because I was pushing the line and not crossing it. I got the impression he didn't like the prick either. He pulled me to the side, apologized for the other guys actions, told mr he understood why I was heated, blah blah blah. Apparenty he had been through all this before.

I say this, to show it IS a personality problem. Unfortunately, the majority of the LEOs I have come across are like Officer Dickhead in this situation. I know not all are, just most in MY experience.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
          Ok but my point is it's not illegal to go out to a bar and have drinks. I did nothing wrong and if you support this kind of action taken by this police officer, , I have been in trouble before, but this is complete BS. It's all said and done with now, but I want to arm myself with the right information so if for osme reason I ever find myself in this situtation, I will know how to avoid being taken to jail for no reason.
          It is illegal for you to get drunk at those bars and walk around in public. Next time call a cab. They'll still come get you from OC. Also, where were you, on Beckley, or in Bishop Arts District? Let me know when your car breaks down on Houston School Rd off I-45 at 3am, and you have to call your buddy to bring a trailer. North Oak Cliff is experiencing too much "regentrification" for me to take your claims seriously.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If you are defining "legal limit" as .08, yes. I posted the definition of "Intoxicated" as defined by 49.01 of the Texas Penal Code a few posts up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I can agree with that. I came home from work one day to find my wife had hired a locksmith to get in, and was walking out with some of my things. I got irate, she called the cops. One cop was cool, the other was a complete prick. Walked up and asking what was going on. So I tried to tell him. He kept interrupting, wouldn't let mr finish a sentence, etc. I had broken no laws. I had no reason for him to treat me like he did. So, I, intentionally started cutting him off, interrupting, walk off when he was mid sentence, etc. Just showed him the same lack of respect he showed me. He started threatening to take me to jail, an I laughed in his face and pulled my cell out to call my attorney while he was trying to talk.

The other cop actually smiled and giggled a few times, because I was pushing the line and not crossing it. I got the impression he didn't like the prick either. He pulled me to the side, apologized for the other guys actions, told mr he understood why I was heated, blah blah blah. Apparenty he had been through all this before.

I say this, to show it IS a personality problem. Unfortunately, the majority of the LEOs I have come across are like Officer Dickhead in this situation. I know not all are, just most in MY experience.
              Remember any names? I'm getting to know a lot of the guys up here.. and so far it's about a 50/50 split on dbags vs decent ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                It is illegal for you to get drunk at those bars and walk around in public. Next time call a cab. They'll still come get you from OC. Also, where were you, on Beckley, or in Bishop Arts District? Let me know when your car breaks down on Houston School Rd off I-45 at 3am, and you have to call your buddy to bring a trailer. North Oak Cliff is experiencing too much "regentrification" for me to take your claims seriously.
                Yes I was in the Bishop Arts Distrect, but as previously stated in the thread I was not drunk, nor was I at any point in the night!
                Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Yes I was in the Bishop Arts Distrect, but as previously stated in the thread I was not drunk, nor was I at any point in the night!
                  You might as well have been on lower Greenville. That ain't shit.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                    Remember any names? I'm getting to know a lot of the guys up here.. and so far it's about a 50/50 split on dbags vs decent ones.
                    If you'd have asked me a month ago, I could tell you. I've since forgotten. I don't even know if a report was made, because nothing happened.

We ran in to a few cool ones
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Yes, just like you can be arrested for being over, yet completely "non-drunk looking."
                      officer discretion above written law. nice

Comment

Tell me to fuck off all you want. You're the one that got in the car with a drunk behind the wheel. You're the one that didn't try to stop your "buddy" from fucking up. Once again, tell me to fuck off all you want. You asked a question and I gave you an honest, legal answer that will hold merit in ANY court of law. If you didn't want to hear it, then why even post? Just want attention? Pitty?

BTW, have a nice day.
                        My whole point is if I had been drinking isn't it the more responsible thing to do by not getting behind the wheel? What's your real reason for not being on the force anymore?

Comment

officer discretion above written law. nice
                          You need to read that again!
                          And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            You might as well have been on lower Greenville. That ain't shit.
                            Yes but I was taken to jail in Plano.

Comment

• Comment

My whole point is if I had been drinking isn't it the more responsible thing to do by not getting behind the wheel? What's your real reason for not being on the force anymore?
                                Thats getting personal!!
                                And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

Working...
                                X