Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta love getting screwed over by friends! (what would dfwmustangs do)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    Based on his responses, it sounds like he didn't really think it was really a firm agreement. And once he did, he offered to pay for it and sell it himself. Seems pretty stand up to me. Confusion happens. Miscommunication happens. If you didn't at least shake on it and make sure both parties knew exactly what was going to take place, you shouldn't be surprised, and you shouldn't blame anyone. The lesson learned is not that you can't trust this guy, but that you should be as clear as possible about what everyone's commitments and expectations are, especially when it involves money.
    He didn't offer to sell it himself. He told him that it was a good price and he should have no trouble selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      He didn't offer to sell it himself. He told him that it was a good price and he should have no trouble selling it.
      Check the end of the original post.

Comment

Based on his responses, it sounds like he didn't really think it was really a firm agreement. And once he did, he offered to pay for it and sell it himself. Seems pretty stand up to me. Confusion happens. Miscommunication happens. If you didn't at least shake on it and make sure both parties knew exactly what was going to take place, you shouldn't be surprised, and you shouldn't blame anyone. The lesson learned is not that you can't trust this guy, but that you should be as clear as possible about what everyone's commitments and expectations are, especially when it involves money.

Per his text
        I'm gonna pull my trans this weekend, replace the seal, and put it up for sale, buy yours and install it.
        Seems pretty cut and dry.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          Per his text

Seems pretty cut and dry.
          Ya, that seems more solid, BUT, did you guys discuss a timeline? Based on that text, both parties could assume that it would take a while for him to sell his. Maybe he figured you would wait to spend any money on yours until he let you know that his sold. And before that happened, he changed his mind. I can see your side of it, but I can also see how there is a little room for misunderstanding to creep in, and that's all this seems to be. With shit like this, you often have to overcommunicate to make sure everyone is on the same page. I'd have said something like this:

"Okay, so you are definitely buying my trans? Because I'm going to pay to get it fixed, and I'm going to do that this week, but if you're not 100% sure, I will just wait. So are you sure?"

And again, if he offered to buy it and sell it himself, he obviously sees where he is at least somewhat in the wrong, and he values your friendship enough to do that so you won't be so mad. Why not take him up on that?

Comment

Ya, that seems more solid, BUT, did you guys discuss a timeline? Based on that text, both parties could assume that it would take a while for him to sell his. Maybe he figured you would wait to spend any money on yours until he let you know that his sold. And before that happened, he changed his mind. I can see your side of it, but I can also see how there is a little room for misunderstanding to creep in, and that's all this seems to be. With shit like this, you often have to overcommunicate to make sure everyone is on the same page. I'd have said something like this:

"Okay, so you are definitely buying my trans? Because I'm going to pay to get it fixed, and I'm going to do that this week, but if you're not 100% sure, I will just wait. So are you sure?"

And again, if he offered to buy it and sell it himself, he obviously sees where he is at least somewhat in the wrong, and he values your friendship enough to do that so you won't be so mad. Why not take him up on that?
            I won't go through posting every text, but he was more then aware of exactly what I was going to do since he wanted the trans. I can see from that one text how you'd imagine that he was implying he'd sell his trans THEN buy mine, but that was not the case, he's got the cash to buy then sell and that is what we had discussed.

You are right, he has since offered to buy it, then re-sell it. From the way it was worded it wasn't so much of a "My bad, let me make it right" type of deal. More like a "God, I'll just buy it then", if he really doesn't want it I am not going to make the guy buy it just to resell it. We had an agreement, he has not once stated anything to make me believe we were in some type of mis-communication. He said he'd take it and to get it fixed, I did, and then he decided he'd just keep what he had and doesn't see an issue with the position that put me in.

Comment

Check the end of the original post.
              Didn't catch that. muh Bad

Comment

I won't go through posting every text, but he was more then aware of exactly what I was going to do since he wanted the trans. I can see from that one text how you'd imagine that he was implying he'd sell his trans THEN buy mine, but that was not the case, he's got the cash to buy then sell and that is what we had discussed.

You are right, he has since offered to buy it, then re-sell it. From the way it was worded it wasn't so much of a "My bad, let me make it right" type of deal. More like a "God, I'll just buy it then", if he really doesn't want it I am not going to make the guy buy it just to resell it. We had an agreement, he has not once stated anything to make me believe we were in some type of mis-communication. He said he'd take it and to get it fixed, I did, and then he decided he'd just keep what he had and doesn't see an issue with the position that put me in.
                Okay, so damage is done. You're bitter. But, if you can get past that, try to look at it this way:

You are willing to take the hit on the $500 that you paid up front and then deal with the hassle of selling it yourself so you can basically write him off as a friend.

He is willing to take the hit on $1000 to buy it from you now and then deal with the hassle of selling it himself so that y'all can stay friends.

One of you is putting the friendship first, and it's not you.

Comment

He just said "if it's that big of deal i'll buy it and just put it up for sell".
                  maybe he didnt say this UNTIL you tried to sell it on your own and that's what's bothering you... but looks to me like he's still willing to make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                    finish the tune, but set the shift points so that it trashes his trans rather quickly, then sell him yours... Problem solved.
                    This.........
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

You tune other peoples cars now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
                        He's a bad motherf-er! lol
                        heard he tunes better the some dude named Sam Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
                          Ehhhh
                          Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

id suggest to stop being a poon and posting your personal bullshit on the web and handle your own business. shit

Comment

fuck that! if he is your friend tell him he owes you for the services yall agreed on. Honestly first I would send him over to your place for the tune, pull the wideband off, and tell him once the tranny is sold (he has to deal with all the buyers/lowballers/assholes). you will re-tune his car for the price you quoted him.. pull the reversal on him... at least you will get your wideband o2 back, he will know that you are upset that he welched on ya'lls agreement, and you dont dick people around. you might take a little loss but a th350 with a decent converter is worth 800-1000...
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Just move on with life and don't do business with him any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X