Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta love getting screwed over by friends! (what would dfwmustangs do)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    You are right, he has since offered to buy it, then re-sell it. From the way it was worded it wasn't so much of a "My bad, let me make it right" type of deal. More like a "God, I'll just buy it then", if he really doesn't want it I am not going to make the guy buy it just to resell it. We had an agreement, he has not once stated anything to make me believe we were in some type of mis-communication. He said he'd take it and to get it fixed, I did, and then he decided he'd just keep what he had and doesn't see an issue with the position that put me in.
    he's like "God, I'll just buy it then" because it's not that big of a deal... you should have no problem selling it for $1k

I would have never brought it up to him. Once he flaked, he's dead to me. I'll finish up the tune just to get my WB02 back. I'll play like everything is cool, half-ass his tune for him, get my WB02 and smile the whole time.

But now that you made an issue of it, it won't matter if you spend 5 days tuning that car, he'll think you're holding out on him because you're pissed about the transmission.

just saying
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
      You tune other peoples cars now?
      i don't think having a "friend" of mine for the past 10+ years whom asked me to tune his cars classifies as "i tune peoples cars now".

i see where you are going with that and i'm not coming after your business and using info/help you've given me to make made cash y0. its stock lsx z28 w/longtubes, ls6, converter and gears. i tuned out his codes, dialed in some transmission tables, tweaked the pe and tuned the ve/maf tables w/the wideband. all of which i have learned from either calibrated success, hp tuners forum, or just messing around with my tune.

i'm not trying to be a smart ass, and maybe i am in the wrong, but i didn't realize there was an expectation that i'd never use any of the 8 credits my box came with after you volunteered your help.

if it makes you feel any better i pretty much just recovered what the actual credits would cost to do it for him.

Comment

And the plot thickens.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Aw, shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            And the plot thickens.
            I have no idea what is going on now.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              I have no idea what is going on now.
              The student has become the master..

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                i don't think having a "friend" of mine for the past 10+ years whom asked me to tune his cars classifies as "i tune peoples cars now".
                i see where you are going with that and i'm not coming after your business and using info/help you've given me to make made cash y0. its stock lsx z28 w/longtubes, ls6, converter and gears. i tuned out his codes, dialed in some transmission tables, tweaked the pe and tuned the ve/maf tables w/the wideband. all of which i have learned from either calibrated success, hp tuners forum, or just messing around with my tune.
                i'm not trying to be a smart ass, and maybe i am in the wrong, but i didn't realize there was an expectation that i'd never use any of the 8 credits my box came with after you volunteered your help.

if it makes you feel any better i pretty much just recovered what the actual credits would cost to do it for him.
                Whoa bro!

You took that a little far. That post shows how you feel about tuning. I "helped" you tune the car after you asked for it because Chris couldn't or wouldn't fix the problems you had.
                I help many people (far less now than in the past) and it usually returns in some way business for me. In the other cases they simply use what they learn from me to attempt to "Return their invesent" in the cable. In 99.9999999999999% of the cases they are still very wet behind the ears and have no business tuning cars.

I didn't ever think you would pay for my help or return the favor. Im not in any way upset with it I simply thought it was comical you were tuning other cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                  The student has become the master..
                  Lmfao!

Comment

Whoa bro!

You took that a little far. That post shows how you feel about tuning. I "helped" you tune the car after you asked for it because Chris couldn't or wouldn't fix the problems you had.
                    As I've said countless times I appreciate every ounce of help you've given and I've respected your request to keep certain tables to myself. I guess I read into your post wrong (rather then upset you were simply insulting, fair enough)

I help many people (far less now than in the past) and it usually returns in some way business for me. In the other cases they simply use what they learn from me to attempt to "Return their invesent" in the cable. In 99.9999999999999% of the cases they are still very wet behind the ears and have no business tuning cars.
                    Just to reinforce, I've never solicited tuning business. As to if I have any business tuning cars or not that is your opinion, I assure you that the cars I touch won't be left in the condition mine was when I paid money for a "tune" (this was not a tune by Sam FYI). I can honestly say I feel good about my tune and the tune on my buddies z. I am going to take a stab at my c6 when I get my wideband back.

As you know I over analyze, question, research, question, question, then over analyze everything I do. At the very least I don't go randomly screwing with tables or blindly making changes.

I didn't ever think you would pay for my help or return the favor. Im not in any way upset with it I simply thought it was comical you were tuning other cars.
                    Any time I am asked I tell folks to go to you and explain how cool it was you offered your time/expertise to me. While you've taken every chance to take jabs at me on here, at the end of the day (week, month, year) you usually get around to answering my questions and do so without promise of compensation and I really appreciate that.

If it's comical that I tune cars, it is down right hilarious that some others do (IMO)

Comment

[QUOTE=dville_
                      If it's comical that I tune cars, it is down right hilarious that some others do (IMO)[/QUOTE]

Atleast you understood that part of my post.

I have seen some very bad tunes come from well respected shops. You wouldn't ever have known about yours if you didn't see it for yourself.

Btw I still don't believe you went 5.8.

Comment

Btw I still don't believe you went 5.8.

thank god i did it in front of half of this board!

Comment

If you want to keep a friend don't lend them money or do business with them without the money up front.
                          But I agree with Steve. This sounds more like a misunderstanding than a fuck you move. You were going to have to fix the tranny anyway.
                          It does sound like this guy only became your friend again when he needed something. Not a real friend.

Comment

call him in for the tune, get your wideband... and tell him see ya. A friend wouldn't do that to you, he's the one fucking it up not you. You don't need dudes like that around, they will just continue to take advantage of you... family like that is the same way. You are better off moving on.

Comment

little update:

finished the tune, did everything to the best of my abilities, car picked up quite a bit of power (seat of the pants dyno), and he was happy. i feel it was the "right" thing to do.

as for the transmission, i got a PM from a board member wanting it, we agreed on the price and i agreed to hold on to it for him until the weekend. turned down another board member in the mean time. weekend comes, turns out the board member just gives me the guys number who is actually buying it, i try to set something up but am told he can't pick it up until monday. here it is monday and i just got a text, "found a power glide, thanks though".

bunch of shady fucking people out there.

Comment

It is amazing how big of a pain in the ass selling something can become. I just don't understand people these days, when I tell someone I will buy something I always go through with it and show up on time to get it. I had a guy just this weekend who was "very interested" in my camaro not show up.

Comment

Working...
                                X