No announcement yet.

Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wear this most days, but just bought an Explorer II as well. I'll post a pic after it gets back from service.

Just bought this for my dad for Christmas, will be his first Rolex.

Comment

• Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
      Nice.

I just pulled the trigger on my first Luminox.
      I love my Luminox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Chopped54; 12-13-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        I usually wear this. Stainless and gold Oyster Perpetual Datejust.

Don't you have a DayDate too though?

I had a DD but bought it to flip, nice watch I just could not get into it. I just can't wear the DJ or DD, too classic for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
          Wear this most days, but just bought an Explorer II as well. I'll post a pic after it gets back from service.

Just bought this for my dad for Christmas, will be his first Rolex.
          I have tried my Sub on a NATO and just did not fit, although it looks good it just kinda cheapens the watch.

I like my Explorer II a lot although my wife has kind of taken it over. It is an underrated model to me. A lot of watch for the money.

She liked the size of my AK so I had DGSE put one together for her for Christmas, hopefully it will free up my Expy.

Here is what I have on today. Love the watch, but like the Daytona it shows smudges and swirls easy so I am constantly wiping it.

Comment

• You must be a master railroad driver or something. 10 Rolex timers? Jesus.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
              Here is what I have on today. Love the watch, but like the Daytona it shows smudges and swirls easy so I am constantly wiping it.

is that the milgause?
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• I've got an ancient rolex that was my great uncles, I need to have it looked at/fixed. I've had my eye on a few hamiltons the past week after my daily wear bulova broke, need to have it fixed also..

Comment

• pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these bad boys. Will be my first $$ watch. Rest are invictas and fossil etc..

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by momo View Post
                      is that the milgause?
                      HOLY SHIT! Tapatalk hosted images are tiny.

But yes, you are right.

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                      pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these bad boys. Will be my first $$ watch. Rest are invictas and fossil etc..

I have tried. Bought and sold a couple. I just don't like them. They are uncomfortable and I just do not see them as a long term watch. Not that I whole heartedly agree, but on a "Top Watch Brands" article somewhere the author was quoted as saying Panerai as a company will not out live our lifetime.

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                      You must be a master railroad driver or something. 10 Rolex timers? Jesus.
                      No Chooo-Chooo here.
                      If I was a railroad man I would be into Patek and Langes!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Im not a Tag man, but that is a beautiful watch!

Comment

• Looking at this one now, http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/b...3D1%26spc%3D82

I typically don't care for metal bands, f'ing monkey arms (hair)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post

I have tried. Bought and sold a couple. I just don't like them. They are uncomfortable and I just do not see them as a long term watch. Not that I whole heartedly agree, but on a "Top Watch Brands" article somewhere the author was quoted as saying Panerai as a company will not out live our lifetime.
                            What strap was on it? My coworker has one with a rubber strap and its pretty comfortable. Maybe i should ask to borrow it for a few days to see if i really like it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              very nice

Comment

• Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                                What strap was on it? My coworker has one with a rubber strap and its pretty comfortable. Maybe i should ask to borrow it for a few days to see if i really like it...
                                They were both handmade leather straps. It was not the strap or case to wrist fit, that was more than fine, it was the huge case and crown guard that I hated.
                                I thought about trying a right hander to see if the crown guard on my forearm side would make a difference but decided I am just over the Pam.

Comment

Working...
                                X