No announcement yet.

Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats what I said but he said " you gotta spend money to make money, Enjoy it for a little while then sell it high!" BTW this guy also owns a new carbon GT-R...Money aint a thang

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
      I dig that Cartier, it's probably my favorite piece I have right now. Mine is on a bracelet, but the straps are top notch.
      Yeah, I wanted that because all of my watches are on bracelet, sans that one.

I really like it, but the wear time will be very minimal...

Comment

• Check PMs Roscoe

Comment

• Are there any good places in the DFW area to shop for used watches in the 1-3k range?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            Are there any good places in the DFW area to shop for used watches in the 1-3k range?
            I've got a local guy that gives me the hookup. He has Tag, Brietling that would be close to your budget... Located in Frisco.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              Are there any good places in the DFW area to shop for used watches in the 1-3k range?
              Dan at Timeless Lux Watches is great to deal with. They just moved across Lebanon from the Starwood Shopping Center.

I stopped by one time and dropped a request for him to locate a deal on Breitling Bentley. Took him a few months, but he came through. Great customer service.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                I've got a local guy that gives me the hookup. He has Tag, Brietling that would be close to your budget... Located in Frisco.

Does he have a brink and mortar store? I'm going to be in Plano this weekend, not sure exactly what I want yet, was hoping to find a place I could do some browsing with a good selection of used ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  Shoot me some info if you don't mind.

Comment

• I just saw this for sale on a watch forum... and had to literally LOL....

Comment

• ttt
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• I cracked the crystal in my esq yesterday so I guess I get to buy somethin new lol
                        07 f250-family truckster
                        08 Denali -baby hauler
                        52 f1-rust bucket
                        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

• Watch people, my dad gave me a watch today that I have a few questions about. From doing some searching I have figured out it is a brand called Ollech & Wajs. I am going to guess from the 60s-70s by my dad's half ass timeline. Anyone ever heard of this and would it be worth having it cleaned up? I'm gonna try and post a pic.

Edit... I will have to post a pic tomorrow. It says 17 jewels waterproof and has the spinning bezelike a diver's watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted View Post
                            Watch people, my dad gave me a watch today that I have a few questions about. From doing some searching I have figured out it is a brand called Ollech & Wajs. I am going to guess from the 60s-70s by my dad's half ass timeline. Anyone ever heard of this and would it be worth having it cleaned up? I'm gonna try and post a pic.

Edit... I will have to post a pic tomorrow. It says 17 jewels waterproof and has the spinning bezelike a diver's watch.
                            Some of those watches are pretty expensive, well to me expensive, anywhere from $1500.00 to $5000.00 depending on if its chrono or avaiator/aviation. the newer stuff is around $500.00 for their simple watches.
                            Last edited by Rick Modena; 01-26-2014, 08:59 PM.
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Some of those watches are pretty expensive, well to me expensive, anywhere from $1500.00 to $5000.00 depending on if its chrono or avaiator/aviation. the newer stuff is around $500.00 for the simple their simple watches.
                              I wish my dad knew a little about it. I think I will take it and somewhere and have look. It still runs fine once wound. I know vintage doesn't mean much but maybe it could be a decent piece to pass down to my kids one day. Thanks man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted View Post
                                I wish my dad knew a little about it. I think I will take it and somewhere and have look. It still runs fine once wound. I know vintage doesn't mean much but maybe it could be a decent piece to pass down to my kids one day. Thanks man.
                                No problem, post a picture tomorrow and you know between all of us watch nuts, we can figure out model, specs and worth. Like I already mentioned, some of their vintage stuff is pricey and worth some coin...

Comment

Working...
                                X