"College Grads are F'ing Stupid"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "College Grads are F'ing Stupid"

Is this a blogger from this site. Good day!

Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

And you wonder why we as America trails the rest of the world on the education front. Business isn't foolish. If it can be done bigger, better,cheaper, faster, stronger overseas, business will move any part over there. I don't understand why it is such a difficult concept. You don't want to spends the coin do you go to wallyworld, or where ever else it is the cheapest. Facebook/twitter over salary, these spoon feds need a dose of reality, I am sure it is coming.
    Rich

Comment

I've worked for companies that have no real rules for internet usage, and others who lock it down. I would take a few dollars less every week to not feel like I'm being watched or controlled by oppressive a-holes who want nothing more than to scrutinize metrics... Just let me do my thing. I know if I'm not doing my job and so does my boss.

Comment

I dont believe the study or the article. Both of those are fucking stupid. And it spins it as if the surveyed wants to use it while on the clock but I don't believe that's the intent at all. Proves Any survey can be biased towards what you want to prove

Comment

Originally posted by TexasT View Post
          And you wonder why we as America trails the rest of the world on the education front. Business isn't foolish. If it can be done bigger, better,cheaper, faster, stronger overseas, business will move any part over there. I don't understand why it is such a difficult concept. You don't want to spends the coin do you go to wallyworld, or where ever else it is the cheapest. Facebook/twitter over salary, these spoon feds need a dose of reality, I am sure it is coming.
          Before I call you an absolute fucking moron...please tell me you're not saying young people are the reason education in America has been "trailing".

Comment

Call me whatever you want. When I drive past UTA the racial divide looks pretty obvious to me, and it ain't black and white. The countries across the oceans sure dont deem to be "falling behind" . I have read articles telling of classes wigh an indtructor snd over 125 students and they learn just fine in India. I know engineers from there, china, and msny other places that didnt have trouble learning. Have you attended any of your children's classes? The students , mine included, think it is some kind of social/daycare center that parents send them to. There are programs out there for children with the desire to learn. I'm not saying I or my generation was any better. I believe it is a case of leading the horse to water and nit being able to force it to drink. Just like drug rehab, if the user doesn't want to quit, some clasdes/programs aren't going to stop the use.
            Rich

Comment

Call me whatever you want. When I drive past UTA the racial divide looks pretty obvious to me, and it ain't black and white. The countries across the oceans sure dont deem to be "falling behind" . I have read articles telling of classes wigh an indtructor snd over 125 students and they learn just fine in India. I know engineers from there, china, and msny other places that didnt have trouble learning. Have you attended any of your children's classes? The students , mine included, think it is some kind of social/daycare center that parents send them to. There are programs out there for children with the desire to learn. I'm not saying I or my generation was any better. I believe it is a case of leading the horse to water and nit being able to force it to drink. Just like drug rehab, if the user doesn't want to quit, some clasdes/programs aren't going to stop the use.
              I see a pretty good ethnic mix of students in the Engineering dept at UTA. Also, there are programs for children with the desire to learn in public schools, like the gifted and talented program, science clubs, book clubs, etc. I know what you're saying though, it is sad that the U.S ranks like 25th.

Comment

I went to school at UTA with Indians, Asians, and nearly every other race, and I graduated with a higher GPA in Mechanical Engineering than everyone except for two other white American kids.

Comment

My point is..if you are blaming the students instead of the teachers than you seem to have been failed by your teachers as well. It's not the kids fault...it's the teachers and our current leaders.

Comment

Writer of the article is a waiter, as such, his argument is invalid.

The statistics are obviously bullshit as well.

Comment

I think the bigger problem is grade school. Somebody that graduates in high school in America is most likely going to be behind others that graduate grade school in another first world country. That's why there are so many remedial courses in colleges these days. The kids that go above and beyond in grade school here like taking college level courses in high school are going to be on par with kids in other countries that pass normal classes.

Whenever I visit my parents in Fort Worth it seriously annoys me at some of the homework my little sister is doing in 6th grade. One example is that in science class she was supposed to give examples of different things in space, then give examples of things that are not what is being asked. Literally like "Give an example of a spaceship." Now "Give an example of what is not a spaceship." Then there was "Give an example of a space shuttle." Now "Give an example of what is not a space shuttle." First of all, redundant. Second of all, by all rights, she should've been able to put a "dog" for an example of what's not a space ship or shuttle.

Then there is her report card. When I was in grade school, it didn't matter what subject it was, if you didn't get at least a 70 you fail that class. Well, it was specifically math and science where 60 and above is considered passing. Other subjects were still 70.

Don't even get me started on how they taught multiplication and long division. They actually taught her to do multiplication by adding her fingers multiple times. With long division they teach remainders. If you have a goddamn remainder, you haven't correctly divided a number. Teach it right the first time and stop wasting these kids time.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I agree with you for the modt part. Have you seen the amount of "projects" kids get these days and what is actually taken for a grade? Its ridiculous.

Also, if you are comsidered a "slow learner" from a young age, they classify you as 504 and you legally cannot fail; it's incredible.

Dylan

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                        I think the bigger problem is grade school. Somebody that graduates in high school in America is most likely going to be behind others that graduate grade school in another first world country. That's why there are so many remedial courses in colleges these days. The kids that go above and beyond in grade school here like taking college level courses in high school are going to be on par with kids in other countries that pass normal classes.

Whenever I visit my parents in Fort Worth it seriously annoys me at some of the homework my little sister is doing in 6th grade. One example is that in science class she was supposed to give examples of different things in space, then give examples of things that are not what is being asked. Literally like "Give an example of a spaceship." Now "Give an example of what is not a spaceship." Then there was "Give an example of a space shuttle." Now "Give an example of what is not a space shuttle." First of all, redundant. Second of all, by all rights, she should've been able to put a "dog" for an example of what's not a space ship or shuttle.

Then there is her report card. When I was in grade school, it didn't matter what subject it was, if you didn't get at least a 70 you fail that class. Well, it was specifically math and science where 60 and above is considered passing. Other subjects were still 70.

Don't even get me started on how they taught multiplication and long division. They actually taught her to do multiplication by adding her fingers multiple times. With long division they teach remainders. If you have a goddamn remainder, you haven't correctly divided a number. Teach it right the first time and stop wasting these kids time.
                        Detailing by Dylan
                        817-494-3396
                        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

There are plenty of worthless ass twenty somethings out there but there are plenty of great kids who will work hard for you too. It is generally a myth that the latest generation is a bunch of worthless fucks. Besides, what made this country great isn't the intelligence of the average person, it is the opportunity they are given by the system we have. You don't have to be smart to be successful, you can be a complete idiot and be successful in this country, you can have all kinds of shitty habits and be worth millions by being in the right place at the right time. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity and even the village idiot can be prepared.

I don't blame schools or the kids, that is all a bunch of bullshit, I blame the worthless ass parents who won't even take the time to teach their kids things like how to read or potty training.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            There are plenty of worthless ass twenty somethings out there but there are plenty of great kids who will work hard for you too. It is generally a myth that the latest generation is a bunch of worthless fucks. Besides, what made this country great isn't the intelligence of the average person, it is the opportunity they are given by the system we have. You don't have to be smart to be successful, you can be a complete idiot and be successful in this country, you can have all kinds of shitty habits and be worth millions by being in the right place at the right time. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity and even the village idiot can be prepared.

I don't blame schools or the kids, that is all a bunch of bullshit, I blame the worthless ass parents who won't even take the time to teach their kids things like how to read or potty training.
                            You obviously can't blame the kids and the majority of the fault lies with the parents not questioning the way schools are teaching. It's some parents who have kids that aren't the quickest learners and instead of working with their children or the teacher to get their kid up to speed, they've successfully forced the system to dumb itself down to cater to the minority which in turn holds all of the other kids back.
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                              I went to school at UTA with Indians, Asians, and nearly every other race, and I graduated with a higher GPA in Mechanical Engineering than everyone except for two other white American kids.
                              I want to congradulate your desire and actually following through and getting a degree. That said, how many of your classmates even got to college, much less graduated. My opinion is that those that disrupt class need a daycare. They shouldn't be given the oportunity to hold back those willing and trying to learn. I understand the gat and the other types of classes. My children attended one of the magnete schools when we lived in midland and there are plenty of districts in the metroplex i wouldnt consider sending my children to.
                              This is why I think we are trailing. I agree the leadership is questionable.
                              Rich

Comment

Working...
                              X