"College Grads are F'ing Stupid"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasT View Post
    I want to congradulate your desire and actually following through and getting a degree. That said, how many of your classmates even got to college, much less graduated. My opinion is that those that disrupt class need a daycare. They shouldn't be given the oportunity to hold back those willing and trying to learn. I understand the gat and the other types of classes. My children attended one of the magnete schools when we lived in midland and there are plenty of districts in the metroplex i wouldnt consider sending my children to.
    This is why I think we are trailing. I agree the leadership is questionable.
    If I was president the first thing that I would do is make it a law that people know how to spell congratulate then ban the half-ass'd "congrats" because people don't know how to spell the full word.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Here is a chick from my graduating, and how she usually discusses things on facebook. This is how 19 to 20 year olds act these days.

Detailing by Dylan
      817-494-3396
      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
        Here is a chick from my graduating, and how she usually discusses things on facebook. This is how 19 to 20 year olds act these days.

oh no, somebody enjoying life?!?!?
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I want to congradulate your desire and actually following through and getting a degree. That said, how many of your classmates even got to college, much less graduated. My opinion is that those that disrupt class need a daycare. They shouldn't be given the oportunity to hold back those willing and trying to learn. I understand the gat and the other types of classes. My children attended one of the magnete schools when we lived in midland and there are plenty of districts in the metroplex i wouldnt consider sending my children to.
          This is why I think we are trailing. I agree the leadership is questionable.
          This post is an indictment of our education system, albeit unintentionally so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            oh no, somebody enjoying life?!?!?
            Yeah, I've seen worse.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I never claimed to be an English major or even smart. Our educational system is lacking is an understatement. The book none dare call it education chronicles many of its defficiencies. I just might be your nightmare as I do actually go vote.
              Last edited by TexasT; 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM. Reason: fixed name of book
              Rich

Comment

I never claimed to be an English major or even smart. Our educational system is lacking is an understatement. The book some dare call it education chronicles many of its defficiencies. I just might be your nightmare as I do actually go vote.
                Then it's not the students fault you hard head. Are you even readin what you are writing. It'll help you to draw a timeline of what you've said and figure out that it's not the students that make the educational system fail.

Comment

I never claimed to be an English major or even smart. Our educational system is lacking is an understatement. The book some dare call it education chronicles many of its defficiencies. I just might be your nightmare as I do actually go vote.
                  Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Then it's not the students fault you hard head. Are you even readin what you are writing. It'll help you to draw a timeline of what you've said and figure out that it's not the students that make the educational system fail.
                  This. I think we're all in agreement that the system is wrecked. But relying on the public school system to educate your kids is like relying on social security for retirement.

With deference to the original post, though, I just signed a full-time job offer coming out of school and I can assure you that the ability to access social media was not even on the radar for myself or my fellow signees; it's in a competitive and career driven industry, but it's not like we're all savants. College is what you make of it, and a dumbass is still going to be a dumbass.
                  Last edited by Slowhand; 06-19-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    I don't think I'd waste your time if I was you. You pretty much hit on the fact that i am hard headed. The system is broken, each direction, student and administration. When it gets skewed because the students won't learn I feel that is the students fault. I put an inordinant amount of time trying to get my children to learn and do well. There is a reason my Regal had tags that were over a decade out of date and I haven't made a pass at a track in that long. I do appreciate your views and thouroghly enjoy reading them. One of these days I gotta get out to a gtg. I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer but with enough effort even a butter knife can cut stuff.
                    Rich

Comment

I don't mind facebook, or checking it on occasion, but what really gets to me is the people that use it like a twitter account (usually the less productive people that post every god damned moment of their day in detail for others to comment on and "like"). I use my FB as a good source of entertainment when my day is slow and I have downtime.

Example of said shitty posts....

12:00 PM: Im taking a shit

12:15 PM: This toilet paper sucks

1:00 PM: My boss is an asshole. He yelled at me for using my cell phone while walking down the hall and I bumped into him. Why can't he watch where he's going.

2:00 PM: UGH! God, 3 more hours of misery...this sucks.

3:00 PM: Has the clock even moved?!?!?

Shit like that annoys me, and those are the people I either block from my feed or just de friend all together. I may post something on my status once a day at most, and really only if it's something big in my life, or maybe something I read that has some relevance and substance. Not useless crap like what song I'm listening to, or what restaurant I am eating at, or when my bowels decide to evacuate themselves.

PS: I don't have twitter, and it's going to stay that way.
                      2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                        If I was president the first thing that I would do is make it a law that people know how to spell congratulate then ban the half-ass'd "congrats" because people don't know how to spell the full word.
                        In that case may I use , "congrads"?

I think the proper use of there, their and they're is way more important than spelling errors. Discuss.
                        Rich

Comment

Working...
                        X