Hangover prevention? cures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangover prevention? cures?

Yeah, I am not much of a drinker. I drink what tastes good to me and I don't care what anyone thinks if they call it girly, niggardly (look it up), whatever...

So tell me again the DOs and DONTs to prevent getting sick? Something about if you start with beer, stick with it, don't switch to wine or liquer?

Also, what do you do for a hangover cure? I was told to drink a beer first thing I wake up. I see where someone suggested red Gatorade. Scientifically, I heard that since the alcohol has dehydrated you so much, that you need to drink a lot of water and its the dehydration causing the headache.

Yep.
    Drink water while drinking and before going to sleep.
    If I forget the water, I use BC Powders or Excedrin with water in the am.

Comment

Don't drink, problem solved.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
        Drink water while drinking and before going to sleep.
        this

if you are really hurting drink some pedialyte and you'll be golden

Comment

I don't think the whole liquor before beer thing works worth a shit. People who say that are drinking for hours straight and it's not the order you're drinking it, but the quantity.

If I've been drinkin', I pop two Advil with a glass of water before going to bed, and then I drink a big Gatorade the next day.

Comment

Gatorade/pedialite, Advil, vitamins

Comment

Dill pickle juice

Comment

Drink more water then beer or whatever you drank. You will be fine in the morning.ma lot of the hangover is from being deydrated.

Comment

Bloody Marys and Mimosas the next morning.

Comment

Water while drinking alcohol. Water before bed. Water on the bedside table. Ibuprofen before bed. Water, ibuprofen, and a bloody mary for breakfast.

Then do some drunken morning fucking followed by telling her to make a couple more bloody maries.

That's what works for me when I really tie a few weeks on. If you're going light, then just drink a normal amount of water and have ibuprofen on hand.

Yes, dehydration is a large part of the hangover. The other part is the total assraping of your blood sugar.

Comment

i agree with the water. Sleep is always the best cure.

Comment

Isnt Ibuprofin bad for your liver? I read that somewhere online and have stopped using it for hangover cures.
                        2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
                        www.militarystangs.com

Comment

After the night of drinking, take a couple of Tylenol. Next morning, couple more Tylenol, big glass of water, and a couple of tablespoons of sugar. Next,walk out to the shop, & crack the oxygen tank on the welding rig open. Breathe deeply for about 15-20 seconds. You will be ready to rock in about an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
                            After the night of drinking, take a couple of Tylenol. Next morning, couple more Tylenol, big glass of water, and a couple of tablespoons of sugar. Next,walk out to the shop, & crack the oxygen tank on the welding rig open. Breathe deeply for about 15-20 seconds. You will be ready to rock in about an hour.
                            Motherfucking professional.

I bow to Thee.

Ibuprofen and Tylenol are both hard on your liver. So is alcohol and anything else that has to filter through your liver when it's in excess. Be smart and your liver will make it to your death. Get stupid and anything will fuck your liver to death.

Comment

<bcoop> amateurs <bcoop>
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X