Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in here obsessed with interior rattles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jester View Post
    dude, I drive a Jeep. I would be worried if the rattling stopped.
    How do you know if a jeep is not running? It's not rattling.

My fox body mustang had a minor squeek in the right hand door post. It drove me up the wall. A shot of WD-40 behind the trim every few months would cure it.

Comment

The wagon has a rattle or two, lol. The Mustang has a little one on the instrument cluster near the driver's door. I can push it and it stops so I might take it apart and fix it when it cools off.

But really, I just don't give a shit. I've been around old cars all my life, and even the best '60s car makes all kinds of funny noises, don't even bother talking about cars from the '30s-50s. Be realistic about how "perfect" a car (any car) should be. It cracks me the fuck up on the S197 Mustang forums how many people are completely obsessed with every creak, squeak, and groan in the car.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I knew this one guy who absolutely went freaking nuts over a squeaky seat.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

My radio is always jamming I dont hear shit else!

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Lmao
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              And he was never heard from again.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I hate riding in other peoples cars in general. Most of the time they hardly take care of anything in or on their vehicle and when a bunch of crap rattles it bothers me. I really hate listening to any sort of squeal/squeak.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Shit, it's been 13 years since it was new, that's pretty damn good in my opinion.
                  Must be a one off. I'm not biased to any car brand, but it seems that chevy has them all beat in the rattle box department. I personally will never buy a chevy, just because of all the problems my friends have had.

Comment

Only noticeable thing on my Camero is a squeaky hatch whenever a larger bump is hit. Third and 4th gen hardtop f-bodys fair far better than t-top unless subframe connectors were used from the start.

Comment

The F250 has a rattle that comes from the back doors, when going over bumps, or rough spots in the road that drives me nuts...

I found a fix for it, and ordered 50ft of 3/8 inch surgical tubing to fix it. Basically the door seals soften and you can run the surgical tubing through the opening int he door seals to help it make a firmer seal between the cab and door. I have the tubing sitting on my desk now.

Comment

Working...
                      X