RIP Luis Flores (Osiris)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
    I'm of the opinion that only two things matter at this point. A great man left our lives--way too soon, and closure must come from celebrating his existence--not in the details of his passing.

If his children google his name in five
    years, what do you want them to stumble across? If nothing else, please focus on the positive in their honor.
    Well said TC.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

years, what do you want them to stumble across? If nothing else, please focus on the positive in their honor.
      Very good point. I only met him and his fiancee once, and I know they, along with his kids, deserve more than this. I've seen huge outpourings of compassion without negativity from this board. Can we not do it one more time, please?

Talia, I'm sorry for your loss. I met y'all one night at Firefly? Y'all were there with your cousin and his friends. I was the firefighter that came out there with Jeff (aCid).

R.I.P. Luis

Comment

• My thoughts go out to family, friends, and Osiris. It is never easy to suffer a loss like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
          Very good point. I only met him and his fiancee once, and I know they, along with his kids, deserve more than this. I've seen huge outpourings of compassion without negativity from this board. Can we not do it one more time, please?

Talia, I'm sorry for your loss. I met y'all one night at Firefly? Y'all were there with your cousin and his friends. I was the firefighter that came out there with Jeff (aCid).

R.I.P. Luis
          Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Yes, i remember you. We all had such a good time that night.

Comment

• Talia,

I am sorry about what has happened and feel for you and your families. As you can see, Luis was well liked on here. I never saw him say a cross word about anyone on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tluna View Post
              My name is Talia and I am Luis' finacee. Nightryder (Alfredo?) bolding the ex-fiancee in your post above is inappropriate. None of you know what really happened. I appreciate all of you that posted against speculations. I repeat, none of you know what happened. I was with him the entire evening and during his death. It was tragic and sudden and no one saw it coming. He was not in the right state of mind at the moment. He was the type of man that would never cause pain to anyone. He was the greatest man I have ever known. We were deeply in love. I am deeply in love. Those of you that saw our post on FB were witnesses to our love. He leaves behind 2 boys 7 and 11, a huge family, tons of friends, tons of brothers in blue and lots of members of the community that appreciated him he services behind. He also leave behind myself and his soon to be step daughters ages 6 and 7. He loved his job, life, music, food, a good drink and so much more. He was so full of life. If anyone has anything to speculate about, it would be me. I was there. I was with him at the time of his death. I gave CPR until he police came. I tried to save his life but it was too late. I have huge feeling of guilt for that. I will be at the back 9 on Thursday, unless it gets in the way of his funeral. So if anyone has something nasty to say, don't do it because you don't know. I will be there to commemorate his life, not disgrace it by speculation. He wanted me to coordinate a gtg for him in case something ever happened to him. I am abiding by his wishes. Thank you. Talia Luna
              He was a member here & will be missed by all of us! I am so Sorry for your loss. I cant imagine & dont want to imagine the pain your going through at this time.
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              And while his kidney stones pass,
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I'm of the opinion that only two things matter at this point. A great man left our lives--way too soon, and closure must come from celebrating his existence--not in the details of his passing.

Very well said. I honestly don't see any negativity being said, just people trying to make sense of something that will never make sense. I know we are all in a daze and it's human nature to try and explain it logically. Unfortunately, something like this never will.

He is a very respected board member, officer, father, friend, etc. I just can't get his goofy grin out of my head. Just devastating.
                Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

• I've never met Osiris in person but I'm just a bit stunned right now. I've been out of town and hadn't been paying attention to the sticky posts. Losing one of ours is a bit of a kick in the balls. Osiris seemed like a pretty cool guy. I think some of us liked to tease him a little too much in the FTP posts but he stood his ground well. It is just sad to see a young man die way to early.

TLuna, you and all of his friends will be in my prayers tonight. I hope he has found peace and I hope that you can find peace and comfort in your love for him. God Bless you both.

Comment

• Damn. I wish I could have gotten to know him. He always seemed like a stand up guy here.

Rest in peace, Man.

If we decide as a group to do some kind of memorial fund for his kids, put me down for $200.
                    Last edited by sc281; 09-05-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Any negativity or thoughts about what happened need to stay out of this thread and go to PM's. This isn't about trying to figure out what happened. Even though that is in our nature, we can hold back those thoughts in this thread.

This is about remembering the man for who he was.

I personally regret not meeting up with him downtown. He was in downtown Dallas a couple years ago and we were supposed to meet for lunch. Things happened and I wasn't able to make it. I regret not meeting him in person. I feel I missed out on a great person.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                        Damn. I wish I could have gotten to know him. He always seemed like a stand up guy here.

Rest in peace, Man.

If we decide as a group to do some kind of memorial fund for his kids, put me down for $200.
                        His father is going to get the donation information together for me today and I'll be passing the information along to the board in this thread
                        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                          His father is going to get the donation information together for me today and I'll be passing the information along to the board in this thread
                          Thanks.

Comment

• I just read this thread. I haven't checked the board much over the last few days. I am in utter shock and disbelief that someone like Luis would do something like this. I didn't know him in person, but I wish I would have, as he seemed like an amazing person. Like davbrucas, he changed my FTP views and showed that not all cops were assholes looking to give people shit. I seriously don't know what to say. So senseless.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                              I know that this board does not have a good "relationship" with the Russ Martin show, but he does have the Police / Fire foundation set up to provide financial assistance for fallen officers (whether or not it is in the line of duty).

From what I understand he usually cuts a check immediately to help address expenses immediately while life insurance and whatnot can take a while. Based on what I have heard, that alone would probably be enough to cover funeral expenses.

I would recommend that someone close to the family reach out to him (Russ Martin). Though they may not want to mention the fact that he was associated with this board. Not that I think Russ would decline based on that, but just to avoid any possibility.

Perhaps someone with Luis' dad's contact info could email Russ and provide it?

Comment

• Excellent idea Chili.

But yea, don't mention the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X