RIP Luis Flores (Osiris)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
    I know that this board does not have a good "relationship" with the Russ Martin show, but he does have the Police / Fire foundation set up to provide financial assistance for fallen officers (whether or not it is in the line of duty).

From what I understand he usually cuts a check immediately to help address expenses immediately while life insurance and whatnot can take a while. Based on what I have heard, that alone would probably be enough to cover funeral expenses.

I would recommend that someone close to the family reach out to him (Russ Martin). Though they may not want to mention the fact that he was associated with this board. Not that I think Russ would decline based on that, but just to avoid any possibility.

Perhaps someone with Luis' dad's contact info could email Russ and provide it?
    Well, I may be wrong about the "line of duty" part afterall. It may be limited to that. Another board member that "knows" them is checking on it. I will let that person post about it if they choose.

Comment

Well, I may be wrong about the "line of duty" part afterall. It may be limited to that. Another board member that "knows" them is checking on it. I will let that person post about it if they choose.
      From the donations link, just an FYI, "The RMS Listeners Foundation supports the families of Dallas / Fort Worth Police officers and Firefighters who have courageously fallen in the line of duty"

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        From the donations link, just an FYI, "The RMS Listeners Foundation supports the families of Dallas / Fort Worth Police officers and Firefighters who have courageously fallen in the line of duty"
        Yeah, I saw that after I posted it. It just seemed like I remembered hearing about times that they have helped for officer(s) that were lost off-duty.

I figure it won't hurt for the other member to double check, so nobody needs to do anything until then. That person or I will post up if we learn more.

I know that the amount they usually provide is pretty substantial. And all of the proceeds from white trash parties, band appearances, and things like that usually go into that fund.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
          I just found out a little while ago when Henry told me. I'm still in shock. Meet him on the Canada board when he hooked me up with some Oakley's with his department discount. One of the nicest guys I knew on the board. When I first met him to tell him what glasses I wanted he was at a family cookout. He invited me to sit down and eat some tacos and drink some beers with his family. That's the type of person he was. When he needed help moving some furniture into storage I volunteered and the two of use spent a few hours making runs back and forth to the storage. When he tried to give me some money I told him no and I told him that's what friends are for. I'll miss you bro. RIP Luis.
          Damn Jose, I didn't know this was the Luis you were talking about on FB.... I'm in shock I didn't know the guy personally but he seemed like a nice fun loving guy... wish I had joined back then.... RIP

Comment

• Rip

3devo using ICS 4.03 stock
            Trick3d EVO

Comment

• R i p

Comment

• Damn. RIP...

Comment

Yeah, I saw that after I posted it. It just seemed like I remembered hearing about times that they have helped for officer(s) that were lost off-duty.

I figure it won't hurt for the other member to double check, so nobody needs to do anything until then. That person or I will post up if we learn more.

I know that the amount they usually provide is pretty substantial. And all of the proceeds from white trash parties, band appearances, and things like that usually go into that fund.
                  Okay, I've texted Clo...Russ really wished the foundation made enough for off duty incidents, but it doesn't. It is in fact for officers/firemen killed in the line of duty.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. I will see you all Thursday night.

RIP Luis.

-Kat

Comment

• Originally posted by Katrina View Post
                    Okay, I've texted Clo...Russ really wished the foundation made enough for off duty incidents, but it doesn't. It is in fact for officers/firemen killed in the line of duty.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. I will see you all Thursday night.

RIP Luis.

-Kat
                    Thanks for checking Kat.. It was worth a shot.

Comment

• Tomorrow night is still on. We will be in the back room, and side patio. 6:30 to whenever.

Back 9 Bar & Grill
                      4060 Belt Line Road, Addison, TX
                      (214) 272-7028 ‎
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Funeral Home Visitation:
                        Friday: Sept 7, 2012
                        Family only - 4pm -6pm
                        Friends - 6pm-9pm

Funeral:
                        Saturday: Sept 8, 2012
                        Service : meet at Rhoton Funeral Home at 9:00am to line up for departure
                        Leave together at 10:30am to head to Hilltop Cemetary

Addresses
                        Rhoton Funeral home
                        1511 S. I35E
                        Carrollton Tx 75006

Hilltop Cemetary
                        1810 N Perry Rd
                        Carrollton Tx 75006

Comment

• We'll be there.
                          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            Funeral Home Visitation:
                            Friday: Sept 7, 2012
                            Family only - 4pm -6pm
                            Friends - 6pm-9pm

Funeral:
                            Saturday: Sept 8, 2012
                            Service : meet at Rhoton Funeral Home at 9:00am to line up for departure
                            Leave together at 10:30am to head to Hilltop Cemetary

Addresses
                            Rhoton Funeral home
                            1511 S. I35E
                            Carrollton Tx 75006

Hilltop Cemetary
                            1810 N Perry Rd
                            Carrollton Tx 75006
                            Thanks for the update Matt. Incidentally, has anyone advised them that there will likely be a pretty large crowd?

Comment

• I won't be able to make the funeral, as I'll be in Austin for a wedding. I will be at Back Nine Thursday tho.

Comment

• I want to go to both, I'm not sure I could handle it though.
                                Ded

Comment

Working...
                                X