No announcement yet.

H-E-B coming to FW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got curious, and did a quick google of H-E-B stores. Here is a link to the reviews. The two I went to most often growing up were 7th street and Riverside. They each have a 2-star ranking.

The one by my parents has an unusually high rating, but 2 of the first 3 reviews sum it up:
    "I LOVE HEB, but I HATE this location..... Employees, oh man oh man, Dude, distracted, it's like you are interrupting them. Maybe I was spoiled by the big HEB in San Marcos....I should also note I go early on a week day for the most part. I'm not even going to talk about the store when it's busy. I'll drive to to Buda I can get in and out of there a lot faster with a better experience."

"just tried again, too few checkers for the amount of people....gosh, don't know where these people were going before this store existed. it is just too crowded and the staff is not helpful at all. will do my business at the HEB in Buda next to walmart."

So yeah, I guess Austin got the shaft on H-E-B upper management.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      I would agree. HEB has stated they have no intentions of bringing the HEB grocery concept any further into dfw, but they would be building a few new Central Markets in the next few years. This was a year or so ago, so who knows.
      There's an HEB being built in Mansfield. guess I'm the only one that noticed lol.
      HD Parts
      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by Raskal View Post
        off topic sorta.. but what was the grocer a while back that started with a W or something like that that closed doors in Dfw.

:edit:never mind I was thinking of Win-Dixie or whatever it was called.. What happened to all of those?
        Florida still has Winn-Dixie. They also had some Tom Thumb gas stations that carried Tom thumb and Kroger brand stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post

They are also a great company to work for. They promote within and my father retired from H-E-B after 40 years of work. It's the only company my brother has ever worked for also. He started off bagging groceries at age 16 and today he makes well over 6 figures.
          He makes 7 figures?

Choooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Choooooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            He makes 7 figures?

Choooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Choooooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
            No, well over 6 figures. At least 9 figures, I would say.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I live in Buda and go to both the Buda and Kyle locations often and I've never had a problem at either. Then again I'm pretty low maintenance. The beer selection at the Kyle one is awesome, too. BTW, yelp is where people go to complain, not review things.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

We're pretty low-maintenance, as well. Pretty much all we expect is to actually have groceries (Kyle always has empty shelves in the dry goods, baking products, water. Not low, empty like no one has looked at them in days), the employees to not act like you're inconveniencing them for being there to shop, and to have enough registers open. They cannot achieve these 3 tiny things, and to make matters worse the managers are always just standing around joking and shooting the shit with employees when they could be helping out or calling for more cashiers. I don't remember the exact details, but one of the cashiers was extremely rude to my mom, and when my mom asked "excuse me?," the cashier snapped. My mom went over and told the manager (who was standing there with 3 employees, joking around). The manager said "I'm sorry, I really don't know what to tell you..." She offered no apology, no shock or dismay at what an employee had just done unprovoked, etc.. Like I said, I don't remember the exact comment(s), but it had me so pissed off I wanted to go up there and tear someone a new ass. I'll get the story tomorrow.

I don't go to H-E-B for an awesome beer selection. I go for the good prices, to get my food, and get out. It just sucks that you can't do that without any attitudes or people acting like they don't want to be there. Oh, forgot to mention earlier that I've made the trek to Burleson twice, and the employees were great both times.

Comment

The HEB in Leander (20 mi. NW of Austin) when I lived there was one of the nicest I've ever seen...they sold furniture, had a sit down restauraunt that made fantastic breakfast food, had an electronics department that sold TV's, game systems, movies/music, and even had a lawn and garden section, and all of the employees were very friendly. Their prices were slightly higher than the Wal-Mart Supercenter 5 miles away in Cedar Park, but I'd go to the HEB in Leander ANYDAY over the WalMart for better selection, more helpful and friendly employees, and generally a much better experience.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                    We're pretty low-maintenance, as well. Pretty much all we expect is to actually have groceries (Kyle always has empty shelves in the dry goods, baking products, water. Not low, empty like no one has looked at them in days), the employees to not act like you're inconveniencing them for being there to shop, and to have enough registers open. They cannot achieve these 3 tiny things, and to make matters worse the managers are always just standing around joking and shooting the shit with employees when they could be helping out or calling for more cashiers. I don't remember the exact details, but one of the cashiers was extremely rude to my mom, and when my mom asked "excuse me?," the cashier snapped. My mom went over and told the manager (who was standing there with 3 employees, joking around). The manager said "I'm sorry, I really don't know what to tell you..." She offered no apology, no shock or dismay at what an employee had just done unprovoked, etc.. Like I said, I don't remember the exact comment(s), but it had me so pissed off I wanted to go up there and tear someone a new ass. I'll get the story tomorrow.

I don't go to H-E-B for an awesome beer selection. I go for the good prices, to get my food, and get out. It just sucks that you can't do that without any attitudes or people acting like they don't want to be there. Oh, forgot to mention earlier that I've made the trek to Burleson twice, and the employees were great both times.
                    When you were talking about the bad HEB's I figured you had to of been talking about Riverside one or the one near Drug Springs off I35 that we used to go to. But that 7th street one...that had to of been a given up in the hood I like the one on Buda but it lacks some of the better cuts of meat you'd see at some of the others like the one in Circle C that I stop by on my way home from work. They have like $20 cuts of steaks in the bastard.

You guys look too much into all the small details, fuck if I cant find something it just gives me time to keep stalking the hotties that work their or are shopping. I'm always volunteering to go grocery shopping Walmarts another story...nothing but old hags that can eat an apple thru a chain link fence work there.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                      Well, I may have to eat crow on that. I hadn't heard that statement, and I know that H-E-B would decimate the competition with a store on N Tarrant, so that's what I was going with.
                      Yeah if you think about it, this whole area out here has grown tremdously...thinking all the new homes in west Keller, over in Haslet, Fort Worth over off of 170 and even 114/35W area....and of course up my way by Justin, Rhome, etc...there is definitley a lot more demand than what there was just a couple years ago, and we have nothing in the way of grocery stores, especially no good ones...a little shitty IGA for quick stuff, but otherwise it's either Walmart/Albertsons in Roanoke (which both suck), or head on over to that new Kroger just east of 35W on Heritage Trace. That's a real nice store, and I could see HEB trying to put a Central Market in to get some of that market share...it's one of those Kroger stores that is a similar concept to CM.

We really like Central Market, but Southlake is a lot further than this new Kroger...so we usually just go there instead.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop
                      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                      X