Cummins guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    price. When I bought my first 04.5 Cummins, it was the same price as a FX2 F150. The F250 was over $8000 more, and that was with the Skip hookup
    There is a reason why fords cost more then Dodges. The fords are a lot nicer as far as the interior goes then the Dodges. Plus the Dodges have to be cheaper then the fords or they wouldn't sell any units if they are price the same. Even though they have a great engine most Joe blow guys that buys these trucks prefer comforts and neat shit over the most important things. Which Ford always out perform that over Dodges.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
      There is a reason why fords cost more then Dodges. The fords are a lot nicer as far as the interior goes then the Dodges. Plus the Dodges have to be cheaper then the fords or they wouldn't sell any units if they are price the same. Even though they have a great engine most Joe blow guys that buys these trucks prefer comforts and neat shit over the most important things. Which Ford always out perform that over Dodges.

hmm... dont think I follow you there buddy. Which interior is nicer is 100% preference. The new Ford interior is nice but through 07 or so...they sucked. It was the same 2 spoke steering wheel, same radios, etc from 1996. I liked the Dodge interior a lot more until the new Fords came out.

And when did a truck become worth $50k? Why wouldnt Ford lower their price and put everyone out of business if their truck was that much better? To say Dodge has to lower their price to sell trucks is probably one of the dumbest comments in this thread.

Comment

I've been reading about this DPF and DEF crap and its fucking bullshit. I might as well just buy a V8. Fuck it. Too much to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          I've been reading about this DPF and DEF crap and its fucking bullshit. I might as well just buy a V8. Fuck it. Too much to worry about.
          When you need a diesel, only a diesel will suffice. For those that *want* a diesel, they can save themselves 5-10k and get a gasser instead.

Comment

Oh trust me I could use it in my line of work, thats not an issue. But I see what you are saying.

Comment

I'm going to be looking for a 5.9 cummins here in the next few months, I need to get all my racing gear here to PA. I'd love to get a newer ford (07-08+) but they want an arm and a leg for them. And I hear they get shitty mileage stock. I know a guy that towed a sprinter on an open trailer and he was only getting 9 mpg with his 250. I got better mileage than that using my 96 350.

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                i havent had any complaints on the "wrapper", and with 265k on my 05 4x4 laramie, its still in great shape, but i do "use" my trucks for work so the drivetrain is the most important thing for me.
                I'm just going off what I heard from a buddy who is in the biz. Sorta. But if you need proof, I'd refer you to the J.D Power reliability reports. I think the fords come in at the most reliable, then the chevys, and the dodges are a distant 3rd. Been a while since I looked at it though.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  hmm... dont think I follow you there buddy. Which interior is nicer is 100% preference. The new Ford interior is nice but through 07 or so...they sucked. It was the same 2 spoke steering wheel, same radios, etc from 1996. I liked the Dodge interior a lot more until the new Fords came out.

And when did a truck become worth $50k? Why wouldnt Ford lower their price and put everyone out of business if their truck was that much better? To say Dodge has to lower their price to sell trucks is probably one of the dumbest comments in this thread.
                  Talking about the newer fords. The 08 and up super duty's interior IMO are a lot nicer then dodges. I have seen the interior of the new dodges which has improve drastically over the years, but fords are still nicer. Especially the '11;s.

I guess I didn't mean that dodges have to have lower prices to sell their trucks. But one of the main reason why they do sell them is because they are cheaper then ford or GM. If Ford or GM would lower their prices down to dodge level then I see more people buying the other two brands over dodge. Like I said before most people want style and comfort over true reliability. And really I think any of the big three diesel can be really reliable if you take care of them properly and get rid of all the emission stuff.
                  Last edited by Badass2000GT; 12-31-2010, 09:17 AM.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

The GMC 2500 HD gasser is looking more appealing now. It sounds like they are coming down hard on diesels to try and phase them out. And im not really interested in a used truck. I think around Spring time I can score a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      The GMC 2500 HD gasser is looking more appealing now. It sounds like they are coming down hard on diesels to try and phase them out. And im not really interested in a used truck. I think around Spring time I can score a deal.
                      Good luck with the mpg on that truck. I had a 08 f-250 gasser and I spent avg of 1200-1400 dollars a month on gas. I switched over to diesel and now I avg around 900 a month on diesel. But then again I drive anywhere between 60-70k miles a year.

Comment

I dont drive all that much, plus I dont get the best gas mileage out of my 4Runner anyways. 16 MPG at best and its a V6.

Comment

expect more like 10-13mpg in a 2500hd
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            expect more like 10-13mpg in a 2500hd
                            That's about what I got in my gasser.

Comment

Yeah but when you factor in the cost of diesel + DEF wouldnt a V8 be the safer bet on the wallet nowdays, not to mention saving money off the top from the price of the vehicle

Comment

If you're going to get a gasser just get a half ton.

Comment

Working...
                                X